Working for Sportsman's Guide
Working for Sportsman's Guide will allow you the opportunity to bring your passion for the Great Outdoors to work with you. Here you will work with others who are passionate about our industry and their areas of expertise and share common goals.
From our compensation system to our company-wide events, from the most entry-level Associate to the CEO, you will also witness our Sportsman's Guide Corporate Values enacted.
Message from the CEO:
"The everyday experience and environment of Sportsman's Guide is built on bright ideas and hard work, combined with fun and camaraderie. And underlying everything, we place high importance on a culture based on dignity and respect.
One of the great things about our business is that we're all about furthering our customers' passions for the great outdoors, providing them with gear and clothing for their favorite activities…hunting, shooting, camping, hiking, fishing, boating, biking, skiing, snowmobiling and ice-fishing, to name just a few. We offer outdoor gear and clothing for outdoorsmen and women, selected and field-tested by outdoorsmen and women."
Our Corporate Values
SG’s Guiding Initiatives represent 5 core corporate goals to which all employee objectives are aligned. Collectively, these initiatives embody “WHAT we do” and are the foundation on which SG’s sustainable and profitable growth is built.
Similarly, SG’s Guiding Values represent “HOW we do it”. They define how employees should work with one another and interact with customers and partners. Guiding Values help SG align work priorities and make sound decisions. They represent the company’s highest priorities and driving forces and govern all SG does as a business.
At Sportsman's Guide, we believe that coming to work every morning is about more than just collecting a paycheck, and benefits are an important part of an Associate's total compensation. The Sportsman's Guide offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family, including:
- 401K - The 401k plan helps you save for your future. Sportsman's Guide generously matches a portion of the Associate's contribution.
- Group Medical Coverage - Health Insurance is available for Associates, spouses and dependent children. The health plan uses a network of providers to deliver quality care. Coverage includes preventative care, office visits, hospitalization, prescriptions, frequent fitness program, healthy discounts at participating companies and more.
- Group Dental Coverage - Dental Insurance is available for Associates, spouses and dependent children. Coverage includes full preventative care, basic services, major services and more.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Sportsman's Guide Associates can elect to defer some of their pre-tax earnings into medical and / or dependent care FSAs, and later use those funds to pay for eligible health, dental, and dependent care expenses.
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance – Sportman's Guide offers Company-paid Life/AD&D coverage, and Associates can also purchase additional coverage for themselves, spouses and dependent children.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Completely confidential and completely free of charge assistance for Associates working through life's challenges.
- Paid Vacation – Generous vacation also offers three personal days per year.
- Paid Holidays – In addition to six standard paid holidays, Sportsman's Guide celebrates you with a paid day off for your birthday!
- Merchandise Discounts – Significant discounts on merchandise offered by Sportsman's Guide, The Golf Warehouse and Northern Tool + Equipment.
- Make a Difference - Sportsman's Guide Associates are very active in the community. During the past year, we've supported Feed My Starving Children and held flash food drives to benefit Neighbor's Inc. Emergency Services. We also regularly participate in the Fill the Backpack campaign to benefit school children, the Beyond the Yellow Ribbon winter clothing drive to benefit servicemen and women their families, and the Sponsor a Family program during the holidays. Plus, we're regular contributors to the Red Cross blood bank and are proud of the fact that our last four drives collected enough blood to save 200 lives. We host the local Citywide Campout each year and we always represent with a float and Associate presence in the annual South Saint Paul city celebration parade.