The trusted classic! The Shimano Calcutta B has been a consistent performer for years: Smooth, reliable, built to last and packed with the technology that's made Shimano the most trusted name in fishing reels. With A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings), Dartanium® drag and Super Stopper, the Calcutta will give you years of solid performance.
- A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated stainless steel ball bearings that are at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings
- Variable Brake System (VBS) uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast for increased distance and adjustability
- Dartainium Drag system gives you a wide range of drag settings for any any evey condition
- Super Stopper one-way roller bearing eliminates backplay for solid hooksets
- CF cold forged aluminum spool is stronger than cast aluminum and graphite options
- Metal frame keeps moving parts in precise alignment for increased efficiency and durability
- Diecast aluminum frame and sideplate