Ruger® 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington Bolt Action Ruger Precision RifleTM
The original Precision Rifle was a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that put more expensive rifles to shame. Every component was carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts a number of different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger.
Now, it's back with a couple of enhancements that elevate performance to new levels. The first improvement is a new, low-profile handguard. It's still free-floating and KeyMod-compatible, but it no longer features a top-mounted Picatinny rail, increasing scope clearance. The second is a new billet bolt shroud, which helps guide the bolt for smoother travel, and aids in disassembly for lubrication. The third is Ruger's Hybrid Muzzle Brake, which now comes factory-fitted to help reduce recoil and flash. So it's still the original RPR you know and love, but with a few improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
New for the Gen 2:
- Precision Rifle® short-action handguard omits the top rail for more scope clearance
- Precision Rifle® muzzle brake
- Redesigned billet aluminum bolt shroud
- Highly accurate 20" Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
- Medium contour (.75'' at the muzzle) barrel, with 1/2-28" threads. Hybrid muzzle brake installed (thread protector included)
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
- 5.56 NATO "Target" chamber safely accommodates 5.56 NATO cartridges while providing maximum projectile control and accuracy for both 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington cartridges
- "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
- "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation
- Equipped with a Samson Evolution Keymod handguard
- May be configured with any AR-style handguard
- Ruger Precision MSR stock features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad
- Left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
- Adjustable for length of pull and comb height
- Includes two 10-rd. Magpul® PMAGs