Ruger® AR-556® MPR 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington Semi-automatic Rifle
It's the wildly popular AR-556®, but with a few key enhancements that make it easier to shoot and easier to love. Like the original, the AR-556 MPR is built around a forged 7075-T6 aluminum receiver and cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome moly barrel, delivering rock-solid durability and shooting performance.
However, unlike the original, the AR-556 MPR comes standard with a Magpul® MOE SLTM collapsible stock and MOE pistol grip. The original heat shield handguard has also been replaced with a much better 15" free-float handguard with M-Lok attachment slots. And perhaps most importantly, the original single-stage trigger has been replaced with the outstanding Elite-452TM two-stage trigger, offering a crisp, consistent 4.5-lb. trigger pull and 30% faster lock time than standard triggers. Yet despite all these improvements, the AR-556 MPR is STILL highly affordable. That's a home run in our book.
- Forged 7075-T6 upper receiver with forward assist, dust cover, and brass deflector; Type III hardcoat anodized
- Forged 7075-T6 lower receiver is Type III hardcoat anodized
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning
- The Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers
- Magpul MOE SL collapsible buttstock
- Magpul MOE pistol grip
- 15" free-float handguard has M-Lok slots at 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing
- Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement
- Barrel is threaded 1/2x28 for standard muzzle accessories
- 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains
- Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Includes one 30-rd. PMAG®