Heckler & Koch® MR762A1 7.62 NATO / .308 Winchester Semi-automatic AR Rifle
A direct descendant of the HK417, the MR762A1 is a AR-style Rifle developed by Heckler & Koch® as a premium civilian firearm with match rifle capability. Like the HK417, the MR762A1 represents a major upgrade over conventional AR-type carbines and rifles.
The MR762A1 uses the HK proprietary gas piston operating system, employing a piston and a solid operating "pusher" rod in place of the gas tube normally found in AR-style firearms. This method of operation virtually eliminates malfunctions that are common to direct impingement gas systems since hot carbon fouling and waste gases do not enter the receiver area.
This is the same key feature critical to the success of the HK417 rifles used by leading military and law enforcement professionals. If top-end is what you're looking for, look no further.
- German-made barrel produced by Heckler & Koch's famous cold hammer-forging process. The highest quality steel is used in this unique manufacturing process producing a barrel that provides superior accuracy and long service life
- Barrel in
- Gas piston operation stays cooler and cleaner
- Picantinny rail machined into the top of its upper receiver for mounting optics and mechanical sights
- Precise enhanced two-stage trigger adds significantly to the accuracy
- HK Free Floating Rail System (FFRS) handguard has four MIL-STD-1913 "Picatinny" rails and allows all current accessories, sights, lights, and aimers used on AR-type arms to be fitted to the MR Series
- Rail System can be installed and removed with simple tools, and returns to zero
- Extended latch charging handle makes operating the rifle with a telescopic sight easier
- Retractable buttstock can be locked into a solid, non-moving position by tightening an Allen screw
- Major sub-assemblies, including the MR762A1 upper receiver / barrel assembly, are fully interchangeable with other high quality AR-style firearms