You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $47.49 Non-Member $49.99
- Buyer's Club $398.99 Non-Member $419.99
- Buyer's Club $569.99 Non-Member $599.99
- Details & Specs
- Model: 534175142
Winchester® Model 1886 Short .45-70 Government Lever Action Centerfire Rifle.
Own a legend. The Model 1886 was developed to handle the government's then-new, heavier action .45-70 Government cartridge. And it not only handled the new cartridge, but handled it incredibly well... better than any others before it. The Model 1886 was a companion for the settlers working their way across the United States, as well as a trusty big-game rifle. This Model 1886 continues that tradition of excellence and handles today's cartridges with ease.
Winchester Model 1886 Short Rifle special features:
- Steel crescent buttplate
- 1:20" twist
- Full-length magazine
- Rebounding hammer for extra safety
- Marble Arms® front sight and adjustable semi-buckhorn rear sight
- Button-rifled barrel
- Receiver is drilled and tapped for traditional side mounted receiver sight
- Caliber: .45-70 Government
- Action: Lever action
- Capacity: 8
- Barrel length: 24"
- Barrel style: Sporter. 1:20" twist
- Stock: Black walnut
- Length of pull: 13.25"
- Trigger: Steel
- Safety: Top tang safety
- Sights: Brass bead front, semi-buckhorn rear
- Overall length: 43"
- Overall weight: 8 lbs., 6 ozs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips