N.I.J.-tested Level 4 protection from rifle rounds and frag—at just 5.5 pounds. The VISM® Shooters Cut Hard Armor Plate is made from a blend of ceramic and UHMWPE (Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) that's remarkably lightweight yet still sturdy enough to offer hardline protection from one .30-06 Springfield M2 AP round, as well as certain 7.62 NATO M80 rounds.
The single-curve design allows it to contour to your body, and the trimmed top corners (called the Shooters Cut) let you move and aim your weapon more efficiently.
- N.I.J. tested stand-alone Level 4 hard amor plate
- Stands up to a .30-06 Springfield M2 armor-piercing round up to 166-grain
- Made from ceramic and UHMWPE composite (the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic currently made) to keep weight down while providing protection
- 10x12"h., 1" thick
- Shooters cut allows you to draw and shoulder your weapon more efficiently
- Single-curve design contours to your body
- Fully sealed to protect against liquids, chemicals, and other harsh elements
- Ideal for use in a VISM plate carrier, but will fit any plate carrier that accommodates a 10x12" shooters cut plate
- Assembled in the USA
- Weighs a mere 5.5 lbs.