Robust protection that goes beyond traditional Level 3 standards. The VISM® Level 3+ Hard Armor Plate is tested to stop one round of 7.62 NATO M80 147-grain, as well as some 7.62x39mm and 5.56 NATO rounds. The Plate is made from UHMWPE (Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene), a very tough material with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic currently produced.
The 6x6" size makes it ideal for use in a carrier vest that accommodates side armor. The square cut maximizes coverage. And it weighs just over a pound—so it's comfortable to wear all day.
- Tested (but NOT YET certified) to Level 3 N.I.J. Standard 0101.06
- Level 3+ Hard Armor Plate is tested to stop one round of 7.62 NATO M80 147-grain, as well as some 7.62x39mm and 5.56 NATO rounds
- Made UHMWPE, a tough thermoplastic with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic currently made, helping to keep weight down while providing protection
- Square cut provides maximum coverage
- Fully sealed to protect against liquids, chemicals, and other harsh elements
- Ideal for use in a VISM plate carrier that accommodates side armor, but will work in most plate carriers with side pockets
- Weighs just 17.1 oz.
- Assembled in the USA