The total package for front-and-back Level 3+ protection, complete and ready to go! The Expert Plate Carrier Vest is made from rugged nylon, and accommodates a standard SAPI plate in both the front and back pocket—as well as 6x8" armor panels in the side pockets. Adjustable shoulder straps and a lenght-adjustable cummerbund let you dial in your fit, and MOLLE webbing straps on the front, back, and sides let you attach a full complement of gear. It comes complete with two Level 3+ Hard Armor Plates for robust front and back protection.
Robust protection that goes beyond traditional Level 3 standards. VISM® Level 3+ Hard Armor Plates are tested to stop one round of 7.62 NATO M80 147-grain, as well as some 7.62x39mm and 5.56 NATO rounds. The Plates are made from UHMWPE (Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene), a very tough material with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic currently produced. The special polyethylene is also incredibly lightweight——so you can wear these Plates comfortably all day. The single-curve design allows them to contour to your body, and the trimmed top corners (called the Shooters Cut) allow you to move and aim your weapon more efficiently.
Plate Carrier Vest:
- Made from rugged nylon
- Front and rear plate pockets accommodate standard SAPI body armor plates
- Side pockets accommodate 6x8" armor panels (not included)
- MOLLE webbing on the front, back, and side panels allows the attachments of MOLLE accessories like holsters, mag pouches, utility pouches, and other essential gear
- Adjustable-length cummerbund can be extended out to 51"
- Adjustable shoulder straps with large heavy-duty quick-connect buckles
- Includes two padded shoulder covers with MOLLE webbing, hook and loop fasteners, and loops for communications cabling routing
- Top three MOLLE webbing rows on the front and back panels have hook-and-loop fasteners for attaching (hook) Unit, ID, and name tapes
- Breathable mesh inner panels with separate internal pockets for soft body armor panels and hard plate armor
- Size M-2XL provides a standard fit for most body types; gross weight is 9.7 lbs. (including plates)
- Size 2XL+ provides a more comfortable fit for men with broader physiques; gross weight is 10.5 lbs. (including plates)
- Tested (but NOT YET certified) to Level 3 N.I.J. Standard 0101.06
- Level 3+ Hard Armor Plate is tested to stop one round of 7.62 NATO M80 147-grain, as well as some 7.62x39mm and 5.56 NATO rounds
- Made UHMWPE, a tough thermoplastic with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic currently made, helping to keep weight down while providing protection
- 10x12"h., 1" thick
- Shooters cut allows you to draw and shoulder your weapon more efficiently
- Single-curve design lets it contour to your body
- Fully sealed to protect against liquids, chemicals, and other harsh elements
- Each weighs 3.5 lbs.
- Assembled in the USA