You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $134.99 Non-Member $149.99
- Buyer's Club $179.99 Non-Member $199.99
- Buyer's Club $4.59 Non-Member $5.09
- Buyer's Club $44.99 Non-Member $49.99
- Buyer's Club $17.99 Non-Member $19.99
- Details & Specs
A real fallout fail-safe! No radiation guesswork with this working Model 717 Radiation Detector. From the safety of an emergency fallout shelter, this Detector could be used to search for harmful gamma radiation in the event of a nuclear attack or other disaster. Includes a removable bottom panel with a spool of cable you can place outside your bomb shelter with the gauge instrument inside to read radiation levels from underground.
A indispensable Cold War collectible!
During the heights of the Cold War, emergency fallout shelters were a visible sign tensions with the U.S.S.R. could go nuclear at any moment. Within each shelter were supplies for riding out the worst of any nuclear attack, including Detectors such as this one to let civilians know when gamma radiation levels were no longer present and it was safe to leave. Grab one for your preparedness supplies, or just use as a cool, working artifact for your Cold War military collection.
- U.S. military issue
- Built-in mode selector
- Removable bottom panel with spool of cable
- Read radiation levels from underground
- Carry handle
- Made in USA
- New condition
- Measures 8.5" x 4.5" x 7"h.
- Weighs 4 lbs.
Be prepared! Grab yours now!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 75831
- Battery: 1 D battery (not included)
- Country of Origin: USA
- Condition: New, but may have some shelf-wear due to long-term storage
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips