You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $89.99 Non-Member $99.99
- Buyer's Club $197.99 Non-Member $219.99
- Buyer's Club $12.95 Non-Member $14.39
- Buyer's Club $11.33 Non-Member $12.59
- Buyer's Club $16.19 Non-Member $17.99
- Details & Specs
United Cutlery® Old West Bowie by Gil Hibben, a faithful tribute to an Old West classic!
The story of this legendary Knife began on a sandbar in the Mississippi River above Natchez, Mississippi on September 19, 1827. As the tale goes, Col. James "Jim" Bowie, who'd been shot and stabbed, successfully defended himself against 2 attackers with what onlookers described as a "large butcher knife." This, and other tales of Bowie's abilities with a knife led to the widespread popularity of what would eventually become the Bowie knife.
Col. James Bowie joined the Texas Militia at the beginning of the Texas Revolution. Legend has it that he died in his bed, knife at his side, after emptying his pistol into numerous enemy soldiers. In any case, one thing's certain- the knife he pioneered would become an American legend and favorite tool of the avid outdoorsman.
Now's your chance to own a faithful tribute to the legendary blade, from the brilliant design mind of one of the industry's most respected names- Gil Hibben. This elegant tribute offers a genuine hardwood handle, accented by a brass plated blade catcher and guard reminiscent of the original Bowie. The classic 14" stainless blade features a crisp mirror finish. Included is a genuine leather sheath with brass-plated star.
- 20 1 / 2 " overall
- 420 stainless steel blade measures 14"l. x 3/ 16 " t.
- Push tang construction
- Genuine hardwood handle.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips
Frequently Purchased Together
- Buyer's Club $17.99 Non-Member $19.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Buyer's Club $35.99 Non-Member $39.99