You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $368.99 Non-Member $409.99
- Buyer's Club $386.99 Non-Member $429.99
- Buyer's Club $503.99 Non-Member $559.99
- Buyer's Club $359.99 Non-Member $399.99
- Buyer's Club $9.89 Non-Member $10.99
- Buyer's Club $16.19 Non-Member $17.99
- Buyer's Club $314.99 Non-Member $349.99
- Details & Specs
Uberti® Colt® 1848 Dragoon "Whitneyville" .44 Black Powder Revolver. An exquisite reproduction of the sought-after original!
With a shorter barrel and cylinder, improved loading lever, and lighter overall weight, the "Whitneyville" Dragoon fixed a number of problems with its predecessor - the famous 1847 Walker - while preserving its jaw-dropping power. The Whitneyville - so called because it was produced by Eli Whitney himself - was an instant hit, both with the U.S. Army's Mounted Rifles (known as "Dragoons") who adopted it, as well as civilians looking for peace of mind.
Only 240 Whitneyville Dragoons were ever made... making them among the rarest and most sought-after historical arms in American history! Now, you can own a faithful, real-firing Reproduction of the classic shooter. Uberti®, THE premier name in historical reproduction, has spared no detail in bringing the Whitneyville to the modern world.
It's faithful down to the last detail, with 7 1/2" barrel, gorgeous 1-Pc. walnut grip, intricately engraved cylinder... even the original weight! It's powerful and surprisingly accurate, an absolute hoot to shoot, and is guaranteed to impress as part of your collection. If you're looking to scratch your classic shooting itch, you will absolutely not be disappointed.The details:
- Caliber: .44
- Barrel material: Blued steel
- Barrel length: 7.5"
- Barrel twist: Left
- Number of grooves: 7
- Grip: 1-Pc. walnut
- Cylinder: 6-shot engraved
- Trigger guard: brass
- Frame: Steel, case-hardened
- Backstrap: Blued steel
- Total length: 13.4"
- Weight: 4 lbs., 2 ozs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips