You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $26.99 Non-Member $29.99
- Buyer's Club $44.99 Non-Member $49.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Details & Specs
In our quest to find rare and unusual items around the globe comes this rare Sled discovery. Ride, captain, ride! Elegantly handcrafted of wood and steel. It was used by Swiss military horsemen during the 1940s to transport food, ammo and supplies to remote outposts in the dead of winter that were impossible to reach by motorized vehicles. In the day, the neutral Swiss kept a watchful eye on their borders as WWII raged at their doorstep. Sleds were also basic transportation post WWII. They glide effortlessly over snow! This is a once-in-a-lifetime buying opportunity for this RARE collectible sure to never be offered again. Once they’re gone, it’s for good.
- Genuine Swiss Military Issue
- Serial numbers are present
- Well‑crafted, heirloom-quality construction of wood and steel, built to last a lifetime
- Comes with 2 large wooden poles (101/4’l.x21/4” thick) for horse/pony hookup
- Bed is almost 3’ wide (35 1/2”) by 51/2’ long
- 7 1/4’ long overall with skis
- Weighs 240 lbs.
- Used condition
Don’t miss out. Pony up by ordering yours right away! Giddy-up!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 128833
- Material: Wood and steel
- Size: Bed is almost 3’ wide (351/2”) by 51/2’ long
- Weight: 240 lbs.
- Country of Origin: Switzerland
- Condition: Used, in very good shape
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips