Springfield® XD(M)® 3.8" Compact .40 Smith & Wesson® Semi-automatic Handgun. With the Compact, "small" is bigger and better than ever.
The XD(M) 3.8" Compact is the smallest of the XD(M) line, but it's by no means the least. It boasts the same superior ergonomics, reliable performance, and features that make larger XD(M)'s easy and intuitive to use -- but in a compact platform that virtually disappears when you conceal it. And you'll be amazed at how fun it is to shoot.
Like all XD®s, safety features come standard... like the loaded chamber indicator, grip safety, Ultra Safety Assurance Action Trigger System, and internal firing pin block.
Add in more XD(M) features a (M)atch grade barrel, (M)inimal-reset trigger, and (M)ega-lock frame texture and you're looking at a serious concealed carry Pistol.
XD(M) Compact Semi-automatic Handgun special features:
- Included interchangeable mold-tru back straps, meaning it can be customized to fit your hand
- Fully supported, ramped, match-grade barrel and rugged Melonite® finish for added longevity
- Standard accessory rail with multiple spots for maximum flexibility
- Aggressive mega-lock frame texturing and major grasp slide serrations for sure control
- Maximum-reach ambidextrous magazine release for fast reloading access
- Minimal-reset trigger offers shorter reach, shorter reset
- Low-profile combat sights give a clear sight picture
- XD(M) Gear System includes case, interchangeable back straps, mag pouch, paddle holster, one 11-rd. magazine and one X-TensionTM 16-rd. magazine
- Caliber: .40 Smith & Wesson
- Action: Semi-automatic (double-action only)
- Capacity: 11+1 / 16+1
- Barrel length: 3.8"
- Frame: Black polymer
- Grips: Black polymer
- Sights: Low-profile dovetail front and 3-dot rear
- Overall length: 6.75"
- Grip width: 1.18"
- Overall height: 4.75" (with 11-rd. magazine)
- Overall weight: 28 ozs. (with 11-rd. magazine)