With the XD Mod.2, Springfield went back to the drawing board to deliver the ultimate combination of capacity, concealability and comfort.
And it starts with the GripZoneTM
: a set of frame features working in unison to optimize interaction between your hand and the pistol -- making operation so simple and so intuitive, it'll feel like second nature. Within the GripZone, there are three distinct textures, each engineered for a specific purpose.
But it doesn't stop there. The re-contoured, slimmer frame and slide add up to a far more natural grip feel that has nearly twice the magazine capacity and is only 0.2" thicker than single-stack sub-compacts. The High-Hand grip relief and High-HandTM
beavertail enable the hand to be positioned as high as possible toward the barrel bore - greatly reducing the pistol's felt recoil. The no-snag trigger guard minimizes possible unintended contact with a holster or clothing. It all adds up to a level of ergonomic perfection that you will truly feel, with a pistol that naturally and comfortably stays positioned in your hand.
- 3" forged steel Melonite®-finished barrel
- Fiber optic front sight makes for faster target acquisition
- Low-profile extended rear sight is snag-free and holster-friendly
- Posi-Wedge serrations for easy racking
- High-Hand beavertail makes for higher hand position toward the barrel's bore axis, reducing felt recoil
- Slim-contoured frame and disassembly lever for easier concealability
- Ultra Safety Assurance Trigger SystemTM and grip safety
- Accessory underrail
- Gear Package includes one 13-rd. magazine, one 16-rd. X-TensionTMmagazine, right hand belt holster, mag loader, double mag pouch, cable lock, bore brush and manual
- Model: XDG9801HCSP
- UPC: 706397899493