Ruger SR-556 Takedown 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington Semi-automatic Rifle
The AR platform, redefined. The Ruger SR-556 offers legendary reliability in a lightweight, versatile, tactically configured design that weighs less than 8 lbs. Equipped with a patented, chrome-plated, two-stage piston system and four-position chrome-plated gas regulator, the SR-556 delivers cleaner, cooler running performance with superior operating endurance.
All that, plus an easy take-down design that travels and stores with minimal space. The takedown barrel is removed from the upper receiver by simply moving the slider bar towards the breech, rotating the barrel and pulling it free -- no tools required. Installation is simpler yet -- just slide the barrel into the upper and twist until it locks.
Lots of nice goodies, too... like flip-up adjustable sights, quad handguard, full length top rail, and flash suppressor. Plus, it comes complete with three 30-rd. Magpul mags, three rail covers and a soft-sided carry case.
- Patented, chrome-plated two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides cleaner, cooler running, reliable operation with a silky smooth power stroke
- Take-down design breaks down with no tools, goes back together just as easily
- Four-position chrome-plated gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. Gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor
- Ruger Elite 452 AR trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5-lb. trigger pull.
- Six-position telescoping M4 buttstock mounted on Mil.-spec diameter tube
- Fluted, precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil.-spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity
- Ruger flash suppressor mounted with 5/8"-24 thread
- Quad railguard with four Mil.-std 1913 Picatinny rails
- Hogue Monogrip pistol grip
- Chrome-plated bolt, chrome-plated, one-piece bolt carrier with oversized and radiused rear bearing surface
- Ships with three 30-rd. Magpul PMAG magazines, three finger-grooved rail covers, and a soft-sided carry case
- Made in the USA