Ruger Precision Rifle® .338 Lapua Magnum Bolt Action
The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the side-folding stock, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger.
The RPR comes outfitted with Precision MSR stock that allows for precise length-of-pull and comb height adjustments, and features a nice rubber buttpad and bottom Picatinny rail. The chrome-moly steel heavy barrel (.875" at the muzzle) features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Magnum Muzzle Brake with tunable compensator to effectively reduce recoil and muzzle jump.
The 18" free-float handguard is made of hard-anodized aluminum and features M-Lok accessory attachment slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of rails and accessories. The 30 MOA rail allows for enhanced long-range elevation capabilities.
Even the smallest details—like the contoured magwell for bracing agains shooting supports, or the integral QD sling attachment points—are smartly conceived and well-executed. It's all part of what makes the Ruger Precision Rifle a heavy-hitter capable of outperforming far more expensive rifles.
- Highly accurate 26" Ruger cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
- Heavy contour (.875'' at the muzzle) barrel, with 3/4x24 threads
- Magnum Muzzle Brake with tunable compensator to effectively reduce recoil and muzzle jump
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
- "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, and are Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability
- "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
- 3-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
- 30 MOA Picatinny rail secured with (6) #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, 5/16x24 thread pattern for easy replacement
- 18" free-float handguard is made of hard-anodized aluminum and features M-Lok accessory attachment slots on all sides
- Improved scope clearance for long-range scopes
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad
- Left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
- Adjustable for length of pull and comb height
- Includes (2) 5-rd. magazines