Ruger® AR-556 Semi-automatic 5.56 NATO Centerfire Rifle.
The Ruger AR-556 is a semi-automatic M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle that's fun to shoot, affordable, and rugged reliability. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. This model is chambered in 5.56 NATO and comes equipped with a telescoping 6-position stock, 30-round Magpul magazine and enlarged trigger guard. Plus, it uses standardized M4/AR components, so customization is hassle free.
- Medium-contour, 16.1" cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning
- 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains
- M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability
- 1/2"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed
- Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system
- 6-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and mil-spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters
- Upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Carbine-length gas system
- Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control
- Enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Includes one 30-round Magpul® PMAG®