You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $566.99 Non-Member $629.99
- Buyer's Club $17.99 Non-Member $19.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Buyer's Club $22.49 Non-Member $24.99
- Details & Specs
P - 1871 Short Lever Martini - Henry Rifle. "Lost Brigade" found! Claim your piece of a rare, one - time offer on genuine military relics of the 19th Century!
Rare British Empire originals! Imagine, if the day after the Battle of Gettysburg, all the discarded rifles and bayonets were piled in an old farm building and ignored for 130 years. That's the situation here. These Nepalese treasures were mostly supplied by the British who ruled the Indian subcontinent. These have been used, stored and basically forgotten in excess of 100 years.
Like an uncovered time capsule! Generations of dust and dirt have insulated the items in a thick, protective cocoon. Cool, dry temperatures of the Indian region preserved the antiques and basically eliminated corrosion-causing moisture.
Condition: used, in good to very good shape.
These limited few P-1871s have received a heavy-duty professional cleaning to remove the worst of the dust and dirt and have been packaged in protective plastic. Many have blemishes and will not look new. But talk about character!
And consider the age of these history-soaked antiques from the 19th century. These artifacts make marvelous display pieces and the rifles APPEAR to be in working order. Each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed.Details:
- The P-1871 Short Lever .450 / .577 cal. was perhaps the most famous military rifle of the Victorian era, as it was the first Rifle to be adopted for general use by the British Army
- Early "Short" lever with a 33" steel barrel
- Roman numeral "II" on the receiver and on the buttstock with the manufacturer's roundel
- Smooth buttplate replaced the old checkered one
- Revised rear sights... deepened range notches
- Top of breechlock was blued (referred to as "browned")
- Tulip head cleaning rod. Each 49" long, 9 lbs.
$59.50 on this item!
You must be 18 or older to purchase Antique Rifles. All Antique Rifles are shipped UPS and require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips