First issued to Air Force and Navy pilots in 1949, the MA-1 Bomber Jacket was lighter, more water-repellent, and more streamlined than its predecessor, the leather B-15 jacket.
The newer jets could fly at much higher altitudes (and thus, in more colder temps) than the prop planes that came before, and pilots needed a warmer jacket that wouldn't freeze when wet. Jets also had more equipment in the cockpit, and pilots needed a lighter jacket that allowed them to move freely in cramped quarters. The MA-1 Bomber, made from sleek, water-resistant nylon, answered the call. And the rest is history.Despite the fact that the MA-1 style is over 65 years old, it's still very popular, in form and function!
Our HQ ISSUE® version is made just like the classic MA-1s of old, of course including the hi-vis Orange lining for when you get shot down and need rescue. It's just as great-looking, water-resistant, and warm as the original, and we know you'll love it.
Recruit this classic style today!
- Nylon water-resistant shell keeps you dry
- 100% polyester lining for easy on / off over layers
- Warm polyester fill delivers lightweight, non-bulky warmth
- Smooth-operating full-front metal zipper
- Elastic cuffs and waist lock out cold drafts
- High-vis Orange lining can be reversed for stand-out rescue
- 2 outer pockets, plus 2 inner pockets keep gear organized
- Sleeve pocket with zipper and pen holders
- Dry clean only. Imported
- Large sizes available