You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $398.99 Non-Member $419.99
- Buyer's Club $94.99 Non-Member $99.99
- Buyer's Club $47.49 Non-Member $49.99
- Details & Specs
- Model: CR556A1
UPC: 642230251892Model: CR556A1
Heckler & Koch® MR556A1 Competition Semi-automatic 5.56 NATO AR Rifle. Created with input from special forces. Perfected for the 3-gun match shooter!
From the innovative OSS flash hider to the Magpul® CTR collapsible stock, the MR556A1 Competition Rifle represents the finest quality and craftsmanship available to civilians today! Quality-built from premium U.S. and German components in HK's Newington, New Hampshire manufacturing facility, the MR556A1 represents the new benchmark for AR rifle design.
And it all starts with the gas piston operating system, which utilizes a piston and a solid operating "pusher" rod in place of the gas tube normally found in AR15 / M16 / M4-style firearms. This method of operation virtually eliminates malfunctions that are common to direct impingement gas systems since hot carbon fouling and waste gases do not enter the receiver area.
Add in a premium German-made, cold-hammer-forged barrel, a free-floating modular rail system, and exceptional two-stage trigger, and you're looking at a true match-grade performer. Why settle for less?
H&K MR556A1 Competition Semi-automatic Rifle special features:
- MRS 14" Modular Rail System allows you to add accessory rails where you need them and provides a more comfortable handguard
- German-made 16.5" heavy-contour barrel is made with HK's famous cold hammer forging process with the highest-quality steel to produce a barrel that provides superior accuracy and long service life
- Unchromed barrel has an internal profile of 6 lands and grooves with a 1:7" twist; it is also moderately "swagged" with a slightly smaller internal diameter at the muzzle end than the chamber end, upping bullet accuracy and velocity
- A precise enhanced two-stage trigger significantly enhances accuracy
- Used with the HK Free Floating Rail System, the barrel does not touch the handguard, ensuring the barrel is truly free-floating for maximum accuracy
- HK Free Floating Rail System (FFRS) handguard has four MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rails and allows all current accessories, sights, lights, and aimers used on M4 / M16-type arms to be fitted to the MR Series
- Extended latch charging handle makes operating the rifle with a telescopic sight easier
- Retractable buttstock can be locked into a solid, non-moving position by tightening an Allen screw in the bottom of the stock
- Special target rifle takedown pins ensure the upper and lower receivers are firmly mated for accurate performance
- Operator Suppressor System (OSS) flash hider controls sound and flash better
- Includes one 30-rd. polymer magazine; will accept most standard AR / M4 / M16 mags.
- Caliber: 5.56 x 45mm / .223 Remington®
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Capacity: 30
- Barrel length: 16.5"
- Barrel material: High-grade cold hammer-forged steel
- Barrel twist: 1:7"
- Stock: Magpul CTR adjustable
- Sights (front / rear): Optics-ready (no sights)
- Handguard: MRS 14" Modular Rail System
- Flash hider: Operator Suppressor System flash hider
- Overall length: 33.75"-37"
- Overall weight: 8.81 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips