For boaters and watersports enthusiasts who want to run with the best, this rugged Garmin GPSMAP 78s features a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, crisp color mapping, a high-sensitivity receiver, and a microSD card slot for loading additional maps. And it even floats!
GPSMAP 78s comes with built-in worldwide basemap software, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. And, like the rest of the 78-series, the 78s is incredibly durable with IPX7 waterproof rating and it even floats!
Get Your Bearings
GPSMAP 78s has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when youre standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device users. Just press send to transfer your information to similar units.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, GPSMAP 78s locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear - whether youre in the deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on the GPSMAP 78s to help find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed marine, topographic and road maps, available on microSD card. Conveniently plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. It also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 78s is compatible with Custom Maps, a free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
You've been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect.
GPSMAP 78s supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. It also stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 78s is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits!
- Item Number: 670523
- Dimensions: 2.6" x 1.2" x 6.0"
- Display size, WxH: 1.43" x 2.15", 2.6" diagonally
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type: Transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Weight: 7.7 oz. with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA (not included)
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitvity receiver: Yes
- Interface: High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
- Unit to unit transfer: Yes
- Basemap software: Yes
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Bult-in memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cads: microSD (not included)
- Waypoints / favorites / locations: 2,000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing: Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching friendly: Yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes
- Area calculation: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect compatible: Yes
- Mfg. Number: 010-00864-01