You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $799.00 Non-Member $799.00
- Buyer's Club $119.99 Non-Member $119.99
- Details & Specs
This easy-to-install, easy-to-use Garmin® echoMAPTM CHIRP 74dv comes with CHIRP sonar and Garmin CHIRP DownVu, the clearest scanning sonar on the water. It updates your position and heading up to 5 times per second with internal 5Hz GPS updates. Plus, you can make your very own HD maps with Quickdraw Contours software with 1-ft. contours as you fish and it supports Panoptix sonar. It provides you with NMEA 2000® support for engine data, sensors, FUSION-LINKTM audio system, autopilots and more. Improve your fishing karma with your Garmin.
Come see the Garmin CHIRP Difference.
CHIRP sonar is the most sophisticated sonar technology available for the fishing and boating public. And the echoMAP 74dv has CHIRP sonar capabilities built-in. CHIRP sonar provides amazingly clear target separation and definition because it puts even more energy onto the target than traditional sonar. It also includes sonar-recording capability that coordinates the timing of the sonar return with your boat's position and saves digital information for playback on a computer using HomePortTM planning software. Use the user data sharing cable to share waypoints and routes between multiple devices.
Preloaded BlueChart g2 maps.
Your echoMap 74dv comes preloaded with BlueChart® g2 maps that cover the coastal U.S. (East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, U.S. and Canadian sides of the Great Lakes). It also includes all U.S. charts for the entire coastline as well as everything available on NOAA charts. But it doesn't just have basic charts, tidal stations, currents, depth contours, IALA symbols and included fishing charts, BlueChart g2 gives you a smooth transition between zoom levels and a seamless continuity across chart boundaries. You can customize your screen with Shallow Water Shading allowing you to contour shade for all depth contours shallower than what you determine is your safe depth. The fishing charts emphasize bathymetric contours with less visual clutter on the display. Plus, you get the standard 2-D direct overhead and 3-D "over-the-bow" map views for easier chart reading and orientation.
Create your own HD maps.
Your Garmin echoMAPTM 74dv also comes with the free, easy-to-use Quickdraw Contours software. It instantly creates your own personalized HD fishing maps on screen with 1-foot contours. Tailor the maps as needed; you own them. Keep the data for yourself, or share it with Garmin or your friends. No special surveying expertise is required. You just fish while Quickdraw Contours creates maps. There's no waiting around or sending your files away like other mapping software requires, your results appear instantly.
Heading and position are refreshed 5X a second.
Fast, responsive 5 Hz GPS / GLONASS refreshes your position and heading 5 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. Now it's quick and easy to drop up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find your way back to your secret fishing hot spots.
Take it with you.
When you're off the water, it's easy to keep your echoMAP safe and secure. You don't have to mess with plugging and unplugging wires from the unit because the cords plug directly into the mount. This allows you to quickly install and remove your echoMAP from power and the mount.
Add Panoptix LiveVu Forward Sonar.
With LiveVu Forward your boat can be moving or stationary. Wherever your trolling motor is pointed, you will see live images of what is happening under the water. Watch your lure as it sinks, and see its depth and movement as you retrieve it. See it move in relationship to structures in the water. See fish swimming, reacting to your bait; if they attack, you'll see and feel the hit. Once on the hook, watch the fight on your screen as it happens. With Panoptix LiveVu Forward, you can see it all come to life up to 100 feet away.
Your auto-guidance has been upgraded.
Like the GPS for your car, you can enter in a location and the patented Garmin Auto Guidance technology will search through relevant charts to create a safe, virtual pathway, on your display, that helps you avoid shallow water, bridges and other charted obstructions on your way. With enhanced Version 2.0, you have access to more features and capabilities. You're able to adjust the calculated Auto Guidance pathway by inserting "via" points at interim stops or landmarks along your desired route. You can easily review hazard points along your calculated path. And you can even engage your compatible Garmin autopilot to follow the Auto Guidance route, automatically. Other 2.0 enhancements give you the ability to calculate arrival times at any point on your route (great for timing arrivals to correspond with bridge openings and other time-critical events).
GPX waypoints transfer.
If you have waypoints, tracks or frequently used routes stored on another manufacturer's GPS product - or on a Garmin handheld device - now it's easier than ever to transfer those items to your new Garmin chartplotter, via industry-standard GPX software formatting. GPX is an open standard format for GPS data exchange across platforms and applications. With this easy-to-use interface technology, Garmin has taken "no waypoint left behind" to a whole new level of trade-up convenience.
Special Sailing Features
Supported SailAssist features include laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines and true wind data fields. Gauge displays are designed to provide important, need-to-know information at a glance, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal graphs and a data bar with customizable data fields. To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, your chartplotter features a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line, along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer.
- 7-inch color display with keypad control
- High wide CHIRP, 500 W and CHIRP DownVu / SideVu, 455/800, 500 W
- PanoptixTM all-seeing sonar support (transducer not included)
- Includes BlueChart g2 charts for the coastal U.S.
- Preloaded Quickdraw Contours custom HD map creation software
- Dual-beam (77/200 kHz) sonar capable
- Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable
- CHIRP sonar technology
- Water temperature log and graph
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio)
- Sonar recording
- Sonar history rewind
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position)
- Bottom lock (shows return from the bottom up)
- Tide tables
- echoMAP CHIRP 74sv with U.S. BlueChart g2
- Power / data cable
- Tilt mount
- Quick-release cradle
- Protective cover
- Flush mount kit
Please Note: Transducer is not included. Order today!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 674285
- Display Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- DownVu with CHIRP Sonar: Built-in
- Receiver: 5 Hz
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Mounting Options: Bail or flush
- Display Type: WVGA display
- Antenna: Internal or external over NMEA 2000
- Preloaded Maps: BlueChart® g2 (coastal maps)
- Transmit Power: 500 W (RMS) / 4,000 W (peak to peak)
- NMEA 0183 Compatible: Yes
- Accepts Data Cards: 1 microSD card
- Garmin Marine Network ports: 1 Panoptix port
- Routes: 100
- Track Log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks
- Maximum Depth: 2,300 ft @ 77 kHz, freshwater / 1,100 ft @ 77 kHz, saltwater (depth capacity is dependent on water bottom type and other water conditions)
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports / NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 1
- Transducer Pin Numbers: 12
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Frequencies Supported: CHIRP (low, mid, high)
- Traditional: 50 / 77 / 200 kHz
- DownVu: 260 / 455 / 800 kHz
- SideVu: 260 / 455 / 800 kHz
- Voltage Range: 10-20 Vdc input
- Power Consumption: 7.1 W
- Physical Dimensions: 9.8" x 5.5"x 2"
- Display Size: 7.0" diagonal, WxH: 6.0"x3.6"
- Mfg. Number: 010-01576-00
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips