You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $799.99 Non-Member $799.99
- Buyer's Club $19.79 Non-Member $21.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Buyer's Club $26.99 Non-Member $29.99
- Details & Specs
Garmin® Astro 320® T 5 Dog Tracking System. The ultimate Tracker for hunting dogs.
See your pooch's every move! The Astro handheld takes dog tracking to a higher level, capable of keeping track of up to 10 dogs with the purchase of extra T 5, T 5 mini, or T15 collars (sold separately). High-sensitivity Garmin GPS / GLONASS transmitter, enhanced map drawing capabilities, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery compatibility and a 3-axis electronic compass ensures you get to your truck or camp at the end of the hunt. And it's all easy to get to through a vibrant, sunlight-readable 2.6" color display.
Check out everything the Astro has to offer...
Premier Dog Tracking
The Astro handheld unit and T 5 collar feature high-sensitivity GPS receiver / transmitters. The T 5 collar features a top-mounted GPS antenna and is designed to keep its flexible, braided stainless steel radio antenna upright so you can track your dog's position even in heavy tree cover or deep canyons. And it's tough enough to run wherever you dog runs (water-rated to 10 meters).
As often as every 5 seconds, the T 5 collar transmits your dog's position to your Astro handheld unit. Through the vibrant display, you can see your dog's current location and a trail of where he's been on the map page. Switch over to the Dog Tracker page to view a compass pointing to your dog's location.
When tracking multiple dogs with T 5 or T 5 mini collars, you can also see each dog's precise distance on the map page, and you can choose to auto zoom the map so all dogs can be seen on the display at any time. Dogs that are too far away to fit on the map's current zoom scale can be notated on the display's margin in the direction of the dog's location. You can also choose the duration that each dog's track log is viewed on the display, or toggle it off completely.
Special Features for Your Peace of Mind
Rescue mode provides a reduced update rate when battery life drops below 25%, saving battery life and giving you more time to look for a lost dog. The improved battery life means when you set your update rate, making the battery last anywhere from 16 hours to 40 hours. In rescue mode, the battery lasts 24 to 44 hours, depending on the dog device used. Plus, Collar Lock creates a 4-digit PIN number that helps prevent others from seeing your dog's whereabouts a useful feature in field trials to ensure an Astro is used only as a search tool when a dog in competition becomes lost.
The Astro handheld unit has a microSDTM card slot so you can load TOPO U.S. 24K maps for land elevation contours or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. Astro also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) so you can download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. Mapping depicts important nearby geographical features and lets you know if your dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous road.
Upgrade with Ease
Getting what you need for the hunt is now a little easier. You can purchase the entire Astro bundle and as many T 5 and T 5 collars as you need. And your Astro is compatible with every T 5 and T 5 mini collar.
- Covey CounterTM- special waypoints that let you mark where you took your prey, time of day, elevation
- BaseCampTM software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks
- Wireless sharing - easily connects to a variety of compatible Garmin devices, including VIRBTM action cameras and ANT+® sensors, the Astro can link with your buddy's Oregon®, Montana®, GPSMAP® 64 or other ANT+ enabled devices
- Customizable dog display: you can choose to see a combination of your dog's name, direction, distance and status without leaving your map
- Activity log keeps track of what you did, where you did it
- Dashboard feature: view your elevation plot, coordinates, compass arrows and more on any page at any time
- Big, bold icons let you find what you're looking for faster
- Allows you to switch profiles - hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, fitness, etc. - quickly so you won't miss a beat once you're done hunting
- Features legendary toughness that's built to withstand the elements be it dust, dirt, humidity or water
- Saves other "special" waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge" as well as waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points
Astro handheld unit specifications:
- Size / weight: 2.4" x 6.3" x 1.4"h. / 9.2 ozs.
- Display size / resolution: 2.6" diagonal / 160 x 240 pixels
- Battery: 2 x AA batteries (handheld unit)
- Water rating: IPX7
- Built-in memory: 1.7GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD
- Waypoints / favorites / locations: 2,000
- Routes: 200
- Tracklog: 10,000 points / 200 saved tracks
- Garmin product model number: 010-01041-60
What's in the box:
- Astro handheld unit
- T 5 collar with rechargeable lithium-ion battery and 1" orange strap
- 5" standard and 13" extended-range antennas for Astro handheld unit
- 18 1/2" standard and 22 1/2" extended range antennas for T 5 collar
- USB cable
- AC adapter and 12V DC charging adapter
- Belt clip and charging clip
Order yours today!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips