You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
Celestron® C5 SCT 50x127mm Spotting Scope delivers optical quality so good, it was chosen by NASA!
High praise, to be sure. The C5 Spotting Scope is an ideal choice for the serious bird watcher, nature lover, or anyone who enjoys beautiful views - either from your home or in the field. At just 6 lbs. in weight and 11" in length, this Spotter is a completely portable visual and photographic instrument that performs well in any viewing location.
The C5's aperture of 5" allows it to easily outperform smaller aperture spotting scopes. Offering 4 1/ 2 times more light gathering ability than a standard 60mm scope, the C5 SCT is the clear choice when brilliant, crisp views are what you want (and when don't you?).
The C5 is a wonderfully versatile instrument, and its near focus of approximately 20 ft. allows you to observe plant life, wildlife, birds or insects with ease. At the same time, the C5 can also be used as an astronomical scope. And it's fully camera-adaptable!Specifications:
- 50X magnification, generous 127mm aperture
- 5" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design
- Topnotch StarBright XLT lens coatings for superior contrast and clarity
- Fully camera-adaptable
- Includes 6 x 30 erect image finderscope
- 45° erect image diagonal
- Light-gathering power: 329X
- Angular F.O.V.: 1°
- Linear F.O.V. @ 1,000 yds. is 53 ft.
- 22mm eye relief
- 20 ft. near focus
- Measures 11" long, weighs 6 lbs. Includes foam case.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips