Browning® BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless Takedown .270 Winchester® Lever Action Rifle
The BLR features a rotating bolt head that locks when the lever is closed... delivering the power and accuracy of a bolt-action rifle -- but with the easy handling and dead-on reliability of a lever-action! Not many others can make that claim.
Rugged and ready right down to its very core, the BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless is ready to take on the toughest hunting conditions you (and Mother Nature) can dish out. The satin-finished laminate stock, satin-nicked receiver, and stainless barrel mean no reflections will spook your trophy buck.
The takedown feature allows you to simply flip a finger lever, twist the receiver and barrel, and instantly separate the two parts for space-saving storage or easy transportation, even in a backpack or hunting duffel.
This is what a serious lever action rifle should be, and what every other lever action wishes it was
- The button-rifled barrel is triple-checked for straightness and interior finish, and then air-gauged to ensure a consistent diameter
- The barrel's target-type crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy
- The barrel's standard sights include a Low-Profile adjustable square notch rear sight and a high-visibility fiber-optic front blade on a raised ramp-style base
- Aircraft-grade alloy receiver is precision machined to provide outstanding reliability and years of dependable service
- Lightning fast, glass-smooth rack and pinion lever action
- Rotating multi-lug bolt head locks into the barrel extension to produce bolt-action accuracy and magnum-level strength for today's most popular magnum cartridges
- Generously-sized side ejection port allows fired cases to instantly clear the action without hitting you or your scope
- Folding hammer provides an added measure of safety when the hammer is at half-cock, having two positions in that mode so the status of the rifle can be instantly seen and felt
- The trigger is unique in that it travels along with the lever as it's cycled, meaning that pinching your fingers between the lever and trigger on closing the action is a thing of the past
- Fingerpiece is nice and wide with vertical friction ribs to prevent your finger from slipping, giving you more precise trigger control for those demanding long-range shots
- The detachable steel box magazine makes for quick reloading, both in the field and on the range
- Unlike lever actions with tubular magazines, the BLR's detachable steel box magazine lets you use aerodynamically-superior pointed bullets, which opens up a whole new world of ballistic performance that is usually found in bolt-action and autoloading rifles
- Laminate stock is sculpted from a satin gray finished hardwood for no-nonsense durability
- Well-formed recoil pad helps reduce felt recoil and flinching
- Steel sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling or bipod
- Drilled and tapped for a scope