Browning® BAR Mark II Safari Semi-automatic .270 Winchester Rifle with BOSS® System.
Originally designed by John M. Browning for military use, the new BAR Mark II Safari features a beautiful walnut stock, precision-machined steel receiver, and hammer-forged barrel. It's accurate, dependable and will turn any skeptical rifleman into an auto-loading enthusiast. Plus, it comes equipped with the BOSS System for increased accuracy. Classic in looks and contemporary in performance, the Bar Mark II Safari sets the standard for every other autoloader on the planet.
NOTE: Scope sold separately.
- Steel receiver with polished blued finish and scroll engraving
- BOSS device allows you to dial-in barrel harmonics for increased accuracy
- Target-type crown enables a more uniform release of gas
- Gas-operated autoloader with high-strength multiple lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel
- Seven-lug bolt design
- Strong, rigid action bar/inertia block link-up to improve accuracy by reducing barrel vibration
- Buffering mechanism reduces wear and stress on the rifle for greater reliability
- Bolt-release lever is built into the receiver for maximum reliability and ease of access
- Equipped with a detachable box magazine, recoil pad, and swivel studs
- Trigger design provides a crisp pull that breaks like a glass rod
- Generous trigger guard opening allows easy access even when wearing gloves
- Charging handle on bolt is sculpted to give you a solid grasp
- Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- 0.75" drop at comb / 1.125" drop at heel