You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $455.99 Non-Member $479.99
- Buyer's Club $569.99 Non-Member $599.99
- Buyer's Club $47.49 Non-Member $49.99
- Details & Specs
- Model: 14589
Barrett® REC7® Gen II Carbine Semi-automatic 5.56 NATO Rifle. Simple, serious, no-nonsense design you can trust with anything - including your life.
Compact, accurate and completely trustworthy. Tough-as-nails, low-maintenance and highly reliable, the Barrett REC7 Gen II was designed specifically for situations in which there's no room for error.
The REC7 rifle's dependability stems largely from its innovative operating system. Using a minimum number of parts, the piston system separates heat and powder residue from the bolt carrier and trigger assembly. The rifle runs cool and clean, reducing maintenance requirements and increasing endurance.
The patented chrome-lined fluted gas block prevents excessive carbon buildup from operation under adverse conditions. The one-piece 17-4 stainless piston transfers energy to the anti-tilt bolt carrier. Machined from a monolithic block of 8620 steel, the carrier features an integral piston strike face.
The Barrett Enhanced Bolt is made from high-strength 9310 steel. The bolt is designed specifically for use in the piston operated REC7, not just adapted from a direct gas bolt. The bolt's gas-ring-free design is easy to clean. Reinforced at critical areas, every bolt is proofed and magnetic-particle inspected to guarantee reliable performance.
At the heart of the operating system is a nitrided, two-position, forward-venting gas plug that retains the piston. The piston can be accessed through the front of the gas block without removing the handguard so optical sights or laser devices do not need to be zeroed after routine maintenance.
The REC7 rifle's forged 7075 aluminum upper and lower receivers are Type 3 Class 2 hardcoat anodized and Cerakote finished. The lower houses an ultra-dependable single-stage trigger. The upper supports a free-floated, hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel with M4 feed ramps machined into the receiver and the barrel extension. A mil.-spec A2 flash hider protects the muzzle.
Available in 5.56 NATO and 6.8 SPC, the REC7 is everything you'd expect from a Barrettrifle, and then some.
Barrett REC7 Gen II Carbine Rifle special features:
- 16" cold hammer-forged chrome-lined barrel
- Geiselle® SSA trigger
- One-piece 17-4 stainless steel piston is easily accessed without the removal of the handguard
- Forged 7075 upper and lower receivers coated with Type 2, Class 3 hard anodized and Cerakote finished
- Patented, chrome-lined fluted gas block with M1913 rail reduces the need for maintenance
- Two-position, nitride-finished gas plug
- Enhanced Barrett bolt incorporates simplified operation and reinforced durability
- Nickel Teflon® coated, anti-tile, full auto bolt carrier machined from solid block of 8620 steel with integrated piston strike face
- PWS Triad muzzle brake
- Beveled magazine well for rapid magazine changes
- Magpul® trigger guard allows access to trigger with gloves
- Equipped with 6-position Magpul MOE buttstock and pistol grip
- Barrett enhanced handguard utilizing KeyMod attachments
- Mil.-spec diameter receiver extension
- Bravo Company charging handle
- Includes two, 30-round magazines, flip-up iron sights, keymod rail attachment and soft carrying case.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Capacity: 30
- Barrel length: 16"
- Barrel twist: 1 x 7"
- Upper receiver: 7075 Series aluminum with Olive Drab Green Cerakote finish
- Lower receiver: 7075 Series aluminum with Olive Drab Green Cerakote finish
- Sights (front / rear): Flip-up iron back-up sights
- Flash hider: PWS Triad muzzle brake
- Overall length: 33.25"
- Overall weight: 7.20 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips