You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $189.99 Non-Member $199.99
- Buyer's Club $379.99 Non-Member $399.99
- Buyer's Club $199.49 Non-Member $209.99
- Details & Specs
Barrett® REC7 Gen II 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington Semi-automatic AR-15 Rifle
Styled in the familiar AR configuration, the REC7 Gen II is a no-nonsense rifle you can trust with anything…including your life. With the new Flyweight model, Barrett® has reduced the overall unloaded weight to a mere 5.1 lbs. by slimming down the profile of the barrel, and reducing weight in the handguard and piston housing. The result is a Rifle so light, you have to feel it to believe it.
The next generation of gas piston performance.
The REC7 rifle's dependability stems largely from its innovative operating system. Using a minimum number of parts, the gas piston system separates heat and powder residue from the bolt carrier and trigger assembly. The rifle runs cool and clean, reducing maintenance requirements and increasing endurance.
At the heart of the operating system is a nitrided, two-position, forward-venting gas plug that retains the piston. The piston can be accessed through the front of the gas block without removing the handguard so optical sights or laser devices do not need to be zeroed after routine maintenance.
Premium precision, tip to toe.
The patented chrome-lined fluted gas block prevents excessive carbon buildup from operation under adverse conditions. The one-piece 17-4 stainless piston transfers energy to the anti-tilt bolt carrier. Machined from a monolithic block of 8620 steel, the carrier features an integral piston strike face.
The Barrett Enhanced Bolt is made from high-strength 9310 steel. The bolt is designed specifically for use in the piston operated REC7, not just adapted from a direct gas bolt. The bolt's gas-ring-free design is easy to clean. Reinforced at critical areas, every bolt is proofed and magnetic-particle inspected to guarantee reliable performance.
- Ultra-light, just 5.1 lbs. overall (unloaded)
- Free-floated, hammer-forged, chrome-lined 16" barrel with M4 feed ramps machined into the receiver
- Forged 7075 upper and lower receivers coated with Type 2, Class 3 hard anodized and gray Cerakote
- One-piece 17-4 stainless steel piston is easily accessed without removal of the handguard
- Patented chrome-lined fluted gas block with M1913 rail reduces the need for maintenance
- Enhanced handguard with KeyMod attachments
- Two-position, nitride-finished gas plug
- Nickel Teflon®-coated, anti-tilt, full auto bolt carrier machined from solid block of 8620 steel with integrated piston strike face
- Beveled mag well for fast changes
- Magpul® trigger guard for easy operation with gloves
- Geissele SSA trigger
- Magpul MOE adjustable stock
- Includes two 30-rd. magazines, flip-up iron sights, KeyMod rail attachment, and soft carry case
Order today!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 666605
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington
- Action: Semi-automatic/gas piston
- Capacity: 30+1
- Barrel length: 16"
- Barrel style: Cold hammer-forged, free-floated, chrome-lined
- Barrel twist: 1:7"
- Stock: Magpul MOE collapsible
- Upper receiver: Forged 7075 aluminum with Type 2, Class 3 hard-anodized and CeraKote
- Lower receiver: Forged 7075 aluminum with Type 2, Class 3 hard-anodized and CeraKote
- Pistol grip: Magpul MOE
- Handguard: Barrett enhanced with KeyMod
- Overall length: 33.25"-38.25"
- Overall weight: 5.1 lbs.
- Mfg. Number: 13821
- UPC: 816715014665
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips