You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $125.99 Non-Member $139.99
- Non-Member $599.99
- Buyer's Club $550.99 Non-Member $579.99
- Details & Specs
ATN® ARES 2-HPT 2X Night Vision Weapon Sight with HPT image tube for increased sensitivity and higher resolution vs. current Gen 2 technology.
The ARES combines a solid-state HPT image intensifier tube with 100% waterproof, field-tough optics for exceptional performance in any light conditions. The fast, infrared-sensitive optics and Gen-3-equivalent image tube make for easy target acquisition, whether you're a professional operator or a dedicated varmint hunter.
The red-on-green reticle system provides optimal contrast against dark and light targets alike, while 1/6 MOA windage and elevation adjustments let you really dial in with precision accuracy. A detachable IR illuminator provides invisible light when natural light is scarce.
Here's a little more on HPT image technology...
An upgrade over current CGT Gen 2 IITs, the HPT image intensifier tube is a multi-alkali, compact 18mm format, MCP image intensifier. The HPT tube increases sensitivity, resolution, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), and the Modulation Transfer Function (MTF). These improvements produce an exceptional image clarity and brightness. Most HPT specifications typically are equivalent to standard 3rd Generation.Features:
- High-quality HPT image intensifier tube technology for increased sensitivity, resolution and SNR over current Gen 2 technology...these improvements produce an exceptional image clarity and brightness
- Red-on-green reticle system with 1/6 MOA adjustments
- Illuminated center red reticle for optimal contrast against a dark or light target
- Superior quality all-glass optics
- 100% waterproof and field-tough
- Automatic brightness control for tube protection
- Mounts to standard Weaver rail
- Proshield lens coating is a mixture of anti-scratch, anti-condensation, anti-static, and anti-glare materials.
- IIT Generation: HPT (equivalent to Gen 3)
- Photocathode Type: Multi-alkali
- Resolution: 55-72 lp / mm
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 16-24
- Figure of Merit: 1,600 Typical
- Mean Time to Failure: 10,000 hrs.
- Magnification: 2X
- F.O.V.: 17°
- Reticle System: Red on green
- Windage and Elevation Adjustments: 1/6 MOA
- Range of Focus: 10m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +6
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Detachable IR450
- IR Indicator: Yes
- Low-battery Indicator: Yes
- Power Supply: 1 x 1.5V AA battery
- Battery Life: 30 hrs.
- Environmental Rating: Waterproof
- Operating Temp.: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temp.: -58° to +158°F
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.75 x 3.5" w.
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips
- Additional Product Information