You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
ATN® PVS7-2 Night Vision Goggles delivers mil. spec. durability and true Gen 2+ image tube technology.
Identical to the Army-adopted AN / PVS-7 model issued to ground troops! This super-tough, ultra-rugged PVS7 unit is designed for reliable service in the most unfavorable conditions with a full mil. spec. body and goggle assembly, demist shield and sacrificial filter for objective lenses.
The PVS7-HPT unit is a bi-ocular design built around a Gen 2+ image intensifier tube. Gen 2 IITs are primarily used for law enforcement and professional applications. The main difference between a 1st and a 2nd Generation unit is the addition of a micro-channel plate, commonly referred to as an MCP. The MCP consists of millions of short parallel glass tubes. When the electrons pass through these short tubes, thousands more electrons are released. This extra process allows 2nd generation units to amplify the light many more times then 1st generation giving you a brighter and sharper image.Features:
- Multi-purpose: use it as a handheld unit, a head-mounted unit, or helmet-mounted unit
- Combat-proven, 100% waterproof
- Equipped with momentary or continuous IR switch
- Internal low battery and IR indicators.
- IIT Generation: Gen 2+
- Resolution: 40-45 lp / mm
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 12-20
- Figure of Merit: <1,250
- Mean Time to Failure: 5,000 hrs.
- Magnification: 1X
- Lens System: F1.1, 35mm
- F.O.V.: 40°
- Total Darkness IR System: Yes
- Range of Focus: 0.25m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -2 to +6
- Controls: Direct
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Automatic Shut-off: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Yes
- IR Indicator: Yes
- Low-battery Indicator: Yes
- Power Supply: 2 x 1.5V AA batteries
- Battery Life: 60 hrs.
- Environmental Rating: Waterproof
- Mil-Std-810: Yes
- Operating Temp.: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temp.: -58° to +158°F
- Dimensions: 6.4 x 6 x 3" h.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips