You May Also Like
- Non-Member $99.99
- Non-Member $699.99
- Buyer's Club $143.99 Non-Member $159.99
- Details & Specs
The Armasight® Q14 TIMM 336 (30Hz) Thermal Imaging Multipurpose Monocular represents the latest evolution in the quest for smaller, lighter thermal imaging with full-featured capability and versatility.
The Q14 measures just 4" in length and weighs a feather-light 8 oz., making it the lightest full multi-function thermal monocular on the market. It can be worn on the helmet, head, mounted on a weapon, or carried on a lanyard for scanning and pinpointing targets. Twin integral rail mounts allow you to mount the unit on a weapon as a stand-alone short-range weapon sight without having to disengage the head / helmet mount interface. And the mini-rail design allows for mounting on a wide variety of in-service head mounts, helmet mounts, reflex cameras, digital video recorders, and MIL-STD-1913 weapon rail systems using the optional quick-release interfaces (sold separately).
Adjustments and preferences for display brightness, palette selection, electronic zoom, and manual non-uniformity correction (NUC) are achieved via a simple, intuitive three-button keypad. Menu driven features incorporate desirable operator-specific adjustments such as palette selection, reticle selection and color, weapon boresight, scene-related imaging corrections, stored rifle caliber profiles, format selection, compass calibration sequence, and a factory settings default option.
The Q14 TIMM 336 is equipped with a digital compass and inclinometer for interpolating accurate distance to target and target orientation. And an integrated laser gives the operator the choice of visible red laser or IR laser for pinpointing targets.
Wireless remote and Bluetooth® capability allow for ease of use and simple connectivity for relaying target and surveillance information. In addition, the Q14 includes a 9-pin connector that allows for easy downloading of software updates and is compatible with Armasight® laser rangefinders, optional Armasight® DVR device and external battery pack (sold separately).
Last but not least, the Q14 is built tough to meet all the established environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810(G). Versatile, dependable, fully capable and amazingly compact, the Armasight® Q14 TIMM 336 delivers professional-grade performance and operational flexibility for all night vision mission applications.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools provide ultimate versatility and customization.
Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - a digital "Contrast" correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - a "Sharpness" correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - a "Gain" correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) - a "Sky / Sea" enhancement - information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Q14 models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC / FFC function.
Silent Shutterless NUCTM (SSN) - In addition to user controlled manual NUC / FFC all Q14 models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
- MIL-STD-10(G) rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- FLIR Quark 2 VOx Microbolometer
- Fast F 1:1.25, 13mm front Germanium Lens
- 800 x 600 Organic LED Display
- Drop-down menu and icon based menu
- Simple, intuitive 3-button control
- Polarity Control (black hot / white hot)
- Color & Monochrome Palettes
- Digital Zoom up to 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms: Active Contrast EnhancementTM (ACE) Second Generation Digital Detail EnhancementTM (DDE) Smart Scene OptimizationTM (SSO) Automatic Gain Control (AGC) Information-Based Histogram EqualizationTM (IBHEQ) Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity CorrectionTM (SSN)
- Integrated Digital Compass
- Integrated Laser Pointer
- Integrated Digital Inclinometer
- NTSC / PAL field switchable video output
- Easy adaptability to wide selection of head, helmet, weapon mounts with Quick Rail / Dove Tail / Bayonet interfaces (i.e. Armasight, Wilcox, Norotos, Cadex)
- Fast Time to Image ( < 3 sec)
- Made in the USA
Order today!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 672917
- Refresh Rate: 30 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC / PAL): Unity (1x)
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Quark 2
- Pixel Array Format: 336 x 256
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format: 800 x 600
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Digital Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Digital Compass
- Digital Inclinometer
- Laser Pointer
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Sepia, Rain
- Reticle Type: Dot 4 MOA, Line Dot, Cross Center Dot, Cross, Crosshair, and "No Reticle"
- Reticle Color: Black
- Boresight Adjustment: Digital
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): NTSC (640 x 480 pixels) / PAL (768 x 574 pixels)
- Remote Control: Wireless (5 buttons)
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - "CONTRAST"
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - "SHARPNESS"
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - "SMART SCENE"
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) - "SKY / SEA"
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC)
- Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN)
- Objective Focal Length: 13 mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1.25
- Field of View (ang.): 25° x 19°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 5 mm
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Focus Method: Manual
- Focusing Range: 0.2m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment: Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5 diopter
- Battery: One CR123A 3V Lithium battery, CR123 rechargeable battery, or 16650 rechargeable battery with voltage from 3.0V to 3.6V (not included)
- Battery Life at 68 °F: CR123A - Up to 1.5 hr or CR123 Rechargeable (650mAh) - up to 1 hr or 16650 Rechargeable (2000mAh) - up to 2.6 hr or 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hrs)
- External Power Supply: 6V-12V DC / 600 mA
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temperature: -58° to +158°F
- Recoil Resistance: 700 g
- Environmental Rating: Water and Fog-Resistant / Waterproof (optional)
- Overall Dimensions: 3.94" × 2.48" × 1.57"
- Weight (w/o Batteries): 0.53 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Warranty on FLIR detector: 10 Years
- Mfg. Number: TAQ173WN6Q14001
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips