You May Also Like
- Non-Member $2699.99
- Non-Member $3299.99
- Non-Member $4999.99
- Buyer's Club $699.99 Non-Member $699.99
- Non-Member $699.99
- Buyer's Club $436.99 Non-Member $459.99
- Details & Specs
Thought you couldn't afford to go thermal? Think again. With the Armasight® Predator 336 2-8x25mm (30 Hz) Thermal Imaging Weapon Sight, you can step up to a whole new level of targeting at a price that puts top technology well within reach.
The powerful, feature-packed Predator sees through rain, snow, haze, smoke, dust and fog to deliver 24/7 mission capability for serious hunters, law enforcement and military personnel. Image quality and accuracy are exceptional, and magnification can be progressively increased from 1x to 2x and 4x without changing the point-of-aim to point-of-impact relationship of the targeting reticle. A remote control pressure switch allows you to control all functions of the Scope without taking hands off your weapon, allowing you to maintain full control of your firearm at all times. Plus, the remote allows for "stand-by" operation, which reduces battery drain.
The Predator has the ability to record videos with optional Digital Video Recorder and is also equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Predator uses the same multipin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Predator thermal imaging weapon sights offer simple, intuitive controls, functions, and features, including a full selection of user-adjustable imaging tools for optimizing contrast and adapting to changing environments. The Predator can be easily attached / detached thanks to a MIL-STD-1913 quick release mount. Plus, integral MIL-STD-1913 rails allow for attaching option day optics or accessories.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools provide ultimate versatility and customization.
Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - a digital "Contrast" correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - a "Sharpness" correction that digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - a "Gain" correction used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Predator models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC / FFC function.
Silent Shutterless NUCTM (SSN) - In addition to user controlled manual NUC / FFC all Predator models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
- Made in USA
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Optical Magnification 1.6x
- The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
- Pixel Array Format: 336 x 256
- Display Type: LED VGA 640 x 480
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Fast 30Hz or 60Hz imaging
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms: Active Contrast EnhancementTM (ACE); Second Generation Digital Detail EnhancementTM (DDE); Smart Scene OptimizationTM (SSO); Automatic Gain Control (AGC); Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity CorrectionTM (SSN)
- Color Modes: White Hot / Black Hot / Rainbow / Various Color Modes
- 6 onboard digitally controlled reticle patterns available: "Dot 4 MOA", "Line Dot", "Cross-Center Dot", "Cross", "Crosshair", and "No Reticle",
- Reticle Colors: Black, White, Red, Cyan
- Electronic zoom reticle tracking capability maintaining boresight
- Recording: Video Output / Optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- Water and Fog-Resistant
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Integral MIL-STD-1913 Rails on unit for optional day optics or accessories
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
Order today!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 673867
- Refresh Rate:30 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC / PAL): 1.6x
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format: 336 x 256
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Display Type: LED VGA
- Pixel Display Format: 640 x 480
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Digital Zoom: 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Reticle Type: 6-Pattern Digitally Controlled: Dot 4 MOA, Line Dot, Cross Center Dot, Cross, Crosshair, and "No Reticle"
- Reticle Color: Black, White, Red, Cyan
- Boresight Adjustment: Digitally Controlled
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): PAL / NTSC (640 x 480 pixels)
- Video Recording: Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control: Wireless
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - "CONTRAST"
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - "SHARPNESS"
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - "SMART SCENE"
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC)
- Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN)
- Objective Focal Length: 25mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1
- Field of View (ang.): 13° x 10°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 10mm
- Eye Relief: 45mm
- Focusing Range: 20m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment: Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5 diopter
- Windage / Elevation Boresight Increment: 1,2 MOA or 0.35 mils or 1,3in/100 yds. and/or 3.5cm/100m
- Windage Adjustment Range (NTSC / PAL): ±96MOA
- Elevation Adjustment Range (NTSC / PAL): ±72MOA
- Battery: Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2) (not included)
- Battery Life at 68°F: Up to 4
- External Power Supply: 6 VDC / 600mA
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temperature: -58° to +158°F
- Recoil Resistance: 700 g
- Environmental Rating: Water and Fog-Resistant
- Weapon Mount Type: Picatinny, MIL STD 1913, and Weaver Rails
- Height of the Scope Axis above Rail: 42 mm or 1.65"
- Overall Dimensions: 7.6" × 2.7" × 3.2"
- Weight (w/o Batteries): 1.4 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Warranty on FLIR detector: 10 Years
- Mfg. Number: TAT173WN2PRED21
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips