You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
- Q & A
- Articles & Tips
Woods® Arctic® Down Series 5 - Star -50°F Sleeping Bag with 2 removable down - filled layers. Famous comfort, truly legendary warmth.
"Dear Sirs, I used my Woods® Down Sleeping Bag constantly on my recent expedition through the Yukon district and found it to be the most comfortable bed that I have ever had in the field." High praise, to be sure. Even higher praise when you take into consideration that it was written by J.B. Tyrrell, famous Canadian cartographer (the Great White North's version of Lewis & Clark) over 100 years ago while on the official Geological Survey of Canada.
The legacy doesn't end there... "Papa" Ernest Hemingway (yes, that Hemingway), based on his own experience of Woods Down Sleeping Bags, chose to feature a Woods Bag in his 1940 classic "For Whom the Bell Tolls," whose hero Robert Jordan chose to sleep outside in the snow in his Woods Bag, rather than inside.
Needless to say, Woods Bags are among the most famous and most trusted Sleeping Bags in the world, having been part of countless expeditions into the fiercest cold. Slip into one and you'll understand why. Only the finest materials, the highest-quality down and time-proven construction techniques go into each Bag, for a lifetime of warmth and comfort in bitter cold. They aren't the cheapest, but they are the best.Details:
- Rated for warmth down to -50°F
- Woods 5-Star Bag features 2 removable cotton cambric quilts each filled with 1 3 / 4 lbs. (3 1/2 lbs. total insulation) of Canadian Arctic® down... simply remove a layer if conditions are warmer than expected
- Heavy-duty 18-oz. polycotton canvas shell is water, stain, rot and flame-resistant for a lifetime of use
- High-quality removable brushed fleece lining for comfort
- Oversized #10 zippers for durability and easy use in the cold
- Heavy duty duffel style storage sack included
- Measures 43 x 90"l. Weighs 21 lbs.