You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $22.49 Non-Member $24.99
- Buyer's Club $26.99 Non-Member $29.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Details & Specs
No electricity required. Kerosene still comes out miles ahead for lighting up the outdoors far away from reliable electrical power. First developed back in World War I, similar versions of this Tilley Floodlight have remained in use up to the present day. These Floodlights are pretty recent; used in the 1970s and 1980s by Swiss military forces. A tremendous military collectible, each is fully boxed with matching tripod... rare condition for these types of Lights.
Dazzling kerosene Floodlight fires a beam up to a quarter of a mile!
John Tilley famously invented the pressurized kerosene system that makes this Floodlight possible back in 1813. A hand pump creates pressure to push burning kerosene into a fine mesh mantle which glows spectacularly in the heat. A parabolic mirror in the back of the lamp reflects and concentrates a beam of approximately 3,000 candlepower!
YOUR NEXT PROJECT: BRING REAL MILITARY HISTORY TO LIFE!
With a little tinkering, you can turn one of these Floodlights into a real spectacle. Each operates much like a traditional kerosene camp lantern (only much, much bigger) and requires a suitably sized gas mantle. Once restored, the operation is very simple: just light the mantle, prewarm the lamp, pump up the kerosene tank, and you have LIGHT. The Internet is filled with military historians with real working Tilley Lamps.
- Classic Tilley FL6 Floodlight design
- Galvanized all-steel construction
- Armored glass for added durability
- Adjustable head for pointing light exactly where you want it
- Projects approx. 3,000 candlepower over a distance of a 1/4 mile
- 36cm diameter lens (14.17 inches)
- Manufactured for use by the Swiss Army
- Fully boxed with wood case and all starting accessories
- Includes matching metal tripod
- Used condition
A rare chance at a piece of BRIGHT military surplus! Don't wait for yours!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 660574
- Material: All-steel construction
- Condition: Used, in excellent condition
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Customer Images & Videos
- Articles & Tips