You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $269.99 Non-Member $299.99
- Buyer's Club $248.39 Non-Member $275.99
- Buyer's Club $475.94 Non-Member $500.99
- Details & Specs
- Model: PI9209LP
Springfield® 1911 EMP® Compact 9mm Semi-automatic Handgun. The 1911 gets a concealed-carry overhaul.
How could the enduring design that is the 1911 be improved? Springfield Armory answered that question in 2007 with the introduction of the Enhanced Micro PistolTM. The EMP changes what a compact 1911 can be.
The action of the EMP is 1/8" shorter than that of the original 1911. This makes for several concrete advantages for you. The shorter grip radius produces a shockingly comfortable shooting experience. You have to shoot the EMP to believe how controllable it is. The shorter dimensions also work to increase reliability something that's crucial in a concealed carry pistol. And of course, the overall dimensions make it one of the smallest 1911s out there.
But it's still a 1911 at heart, with a low-profile 3-dot tritium combat sights, match-grade, fully-supported and ramped barrel, and all the punch you'd expect from the classic sidearm. If you're looking for a 1911 to carry with you every day, look no further than the Springfield EMP.
1911 EMP Compact 9mm Semi-automatic Pistol special features:
- Action is 1/8" shorter than the full-size 1911, making it comfortable, controllable, and concealable
- Low-profile 3-dot tritium combat sights for low-light targeting
- Match-grade, fully-supported, ramped barrel
- Beautiful thin-line cocobolo hardwood grips
- Forged aluminum alloy frame with hard coat for durability
- Dual spring with full-length guide rod recoil system
- Forged stainless slide
- Includes 3 9-rd. magazines
- Caliber: 9mm
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Capacity: 9+1
- Barrel length: 3"
- Frame: Forged aluminum alloy
- Grips: Thin-line cocobolo
- Sights: Low-profile combat, 3-dot tritium
- Overall length: 6.5"
- Overall height: 5"
- Overall weight: 27 ozs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips