You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
Sierra Designs® Grand Mothership 8 Four - Season Tent. Big, stable, strong protection for 8... proven on the peaks of Mt. Everest and K2!
Winter's no time to mess around with shelter. So it's great that Sierra Designs® builds Tents that manhandle some of the most extreme conditions in the world! Every inch of this base camp-sized Tent has been engineered to give you the safest, most stable, and most comfortable shelter possible.
From the quality materials, to the innovative technology, to the top-quality construction, Sierra Designs Tents won't let you down. And when you're 5000m up, that's a good thing. So when you're headed into the extreme wilderness, don't trust lesser tents to keep you safe... pack a Sierra Tent and sleep easy, even if the weather's a bit nasty!The technology that puts Sierra Designs miles ahead:Superseal FloorTM:
- Raised, taped perimeter seam provides guaranteed waterproof protection
- Combines the benefits of catenary and bathtub floors to keep you light on the trail and dry when you're in.
- Eliminates pole rotation that can lead to failure in extreme conditions
- Allows for smaller overall footprint, without sacrificing usable space... great when flat land is at a premium
- Can be deployed from inside, allowing you to finish building the Tent, even in the worst storm.
- Attaches the fly to the canopy at each guy-out point to create one integrated structure for added strength
- Stabilizes Tent by distributing the pull, increasing strength in heavy weather.
- Dynamically locks poles at their intersection
- Adds 60% to the Tent's strength.
- 130 sq. ft. of space... very roomy
- Sleeps 8, works equally well as a base of operations
- Made from light-but-strong 210D nylon DrizoneTM waterproof fabric
- 4 sewn-in windows
- Ceiling and door vents for outstanding circulation
- DAC® lightweight poles deliver superior strength and protection against failure
- Peak height is 85"
- 4 doors
- Packed weight is 43 lbs., 8 ozs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips