You May Also Like
Non-Member $94.95 Buyer's Club $94.95
Non-Member $59.99 Buyer's Club $53.99
Non-Member $129.99 Buyer's Club $116.99
Non-Member $19.99 Buyer's Club $17.99
Non-Member $24.99 Buyer's Club $22.49
Non-Member $12.99 Buyer's Club $11.69
Non-Member $209.99 Buyer's Club $199.49
Non-Member $4.99 Buyer's Club $4.74
Non-Member $41.99 Buyer's Club $37.79
Non-Member $17.99 Buyer's Club $16.19
- Details & Specs
- Q & A
- Articles & Tips
National GeographicTM Colorado 14ers Trails Illustrated Explorer gives you a detailed look at 58 Colorado peaks!
Visited by over 1/ 2 a million people every year, Colorado's 58 peaks above 14,000', affectionately known as "14ers," are challenged by seasoned mountaineering experts and weekend explorers alike. Each peak offers a different challenge and a different glimpse of Colorado's high country.
Based in Colorado, less than ten miles from Mt. Evans (14,264'), National Geographic's Trails Illustrated cartographic team has been publishing the most detailed and robust trail maps available for the 14ers and premier outdoor destinations worldwide. Each map is carefully researched with the aid of local agencies and experts, contains pinpoint accurate trails, facilities, and navigation aids, and easy to read topography and shaded relief.
Whether you're planning to bag all 58 peaks, or summit a few of the most popular, having the best maps is not a recommendation, it is a requirement... Introducing National Geographic's Colorado 14ers Explorer, containing the best maps and easy to use software with tools designed specifically for the unique needs of a 14er adventure.Incredible detail:
- Detailed Trails Illustrated maps, plus genuine USGS 1:24,000 and 1:100,000 scale topographic maps, in a large 14-mile radius around each Fourteener
- Technical specs, pictures, and guidebook-like information for each peak, provided by the Colorado 14ers Initiative, plus an interactive journal for recording your trips, makes it easy to plan, save, and recount your tips.
- Gain an enhanced perspective on your route with 3D fly-thrus, elevation profiling, plus tools for measuring real-terrain distances, slopes, bearings, and more
- A robust search tool makes it easy to quickly locate summits, towns, lakes and other features.
- Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP, or Vista (64 MB RAM + 8 MB video memory)
- Macintosh OS 10.2 or higher (128 MB RAM + 16 MB video memory)
- GPS connectivity compatible with most receivers manufactured by Garmin, Magellan, Eagle, Lowrance, and select Suunto wrist-top computers.
Order this expansive, easy-to-navigate Explorer ONLINE today!