You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $269.99 Non-Member $299.99
- Buyer's Club $62.99 Non-Member $69.99
- Buyer's Club $67.49 Non-Member $74.99
- Buyer's Club $118.74 Non-Member $124.99
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Buyer's Club $19.79 Non-Member $21.99
- Buyer's Club $15.19 Non-Member $15.99
- Details & Specs
LTMD Pirate Flintlock Pistol Replica. A treasure for collectors!
Lesson: Flintlock pistols were so called because the lock uses a flint to strike sparks into the priming pan when the trigger is pulled.
A small amount of gunpowder in this pan is ignited, which in turn ignites the main gunpowder charge in the barrel, firing the lead ball. Both the main charge and the ball were loaded from the front, or muzzle, of the barrel, after which the priming charge was poured into the pan... all very time consuming! Often the priming charge would burn but fail to ignite the main charge, whence the expression flash in the pan!
Pirates of the 18th century carried pistols similar to this French Flintlock in their raiding exploits. As such skirmishes rarely included time-outs for reloading, a cutlass would accompany the pistol. Decorated with a skull and crossbones, this non-firing replica is great for the piratically inclined! Overall Length: 13 7/ 8 ". Weight: 1lb 4oz. Barrel Length: 7 3/ 8 ".
Get yours ONLINE today and feel the history!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips