You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $107.99 Non-Member $119.99
- Buyer's Club $43.69 Non-Member $45.99
- Buyer's Club $85.49 Non-Member $89.99
- Buyer's Club $47.49 Non-Member $49.99
- Buyer's Club $101.64 Non-Member $106.99
- Buyer's Club $12.34 Non-Member $12.99
- Buyer's Club $11.69 Non-Member $12.99
- Details & Specs
LMTD Italian Triple Barrel Flintlock Pistol Replica. This history lesson is packing heat!
Flintlock pistols were so called because the lock uses a flint to strike sparks into the priming pan when the trigger is pulled. A small amount of gunpowder in this pan is ignited, which in turn ignites the main gunpowder charge in the barrel, firing the lead ball.
Both the main charge and the ball were loaded from the front, or muzzle, of the barrel, after which the priming charge was poured into the pan ? all very time consuming! Often the priming charge would burn but fail to ignite the main charge, hence the expression flash in the pan!
The original of this particular flintlock pistol was made by Lorenzi in Italy in about 1680 and the engraved coat of arms is that of the famous Medici family. This non-firing version is accurately detailed - a great costume or conversation piece. Overall Length: 11 1/ 8 " Weight: 1lb 12oz Barrel Length: 5 1⁄ 2 ".
Get yours ONLINE today and feel the history!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips