You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $832.19 Non-Member $875.99
- Buyer's Club $248.39 Non-Member $275.99
- Buyer's Club $139.64 Non-Member $146.99
- Buyer's Club $377.99 Non-Member $419.99
- Details & Specs
When the VP9 debuted in 2014, it was an instant hit among casual shooters and hardcores alike, and it's no wonder why. The product of four years of development and testing, the VP9 blended premium German engineering, cold hammer-forged barrel, and the outstanding "light pull" trigger to absolute perfection. The result was a striker-fired pistol that was soft-shooting, supremely accurate, and - like all things HK - famously durable. Now, everything you love about the VP9 is here, but with a little extra .40-cal. punch.You simply won't find a better trigger on a striker-fired sidearm.
HK really knocked it out of the park with the new "light pull" trigger. True to its name, it has a short, light take-up with a solid, single-action-type break, followed by a short positive reset.
Typically, striker fired guns have a pre-travel pull that increases in weight as you go through the trigger stroke. With the VP40, you have a less than noticeable pre-travel pull until the trigger reaches the engagement point.Superior ergonomics and modern design features.
The VP40 uses HK's innovative grip design that's supremely ergonomic and more customizable than just about any other grip out there. It comes with three interchangeable backstraps and six side grip panels, so you can really "dial in" the grip to fit your unique hand size and shape.
The VP Series has all the hallmarks of a modern high-performance. All controls are completely ambidextrous. Slide releases are present on both sides of the frame and the paddle style magazine release can be easily activated by left- or right-handed shooters. Plus, the VP40 features HK's new charging supports - little "tabs" on both sides at the rear of the slide that make it a lot easier to pull back. That's just another of the nice touches that make the VP40 as modern as it is classically reliable.
- "Light pull" trigger offers short, light take-up with short, positive reset
- Premium cold hammer-forged barrel made from cannon-grade steel
- Large trigger guard allows operation while wearing gloves
- Rear of the striker/firing pin is colored red and visible by the shooter when the striker is cocked
- Front and rear slide serrations plus unique "charging supports" make pulling the slide effortless
- Extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into their polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories
- Utilizes a captive flat recoil spring that helps reduce the recoil forces
- Nice and light 5.4-lb. trigger pull
- Machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK's hostile environment finish, as are all metal components
- Includes 3 back straps and 6 side panels that let you customize the grip
- Includes two 13-rd. magazines
Order today!Key Specifications
- Item number: 669284
- Caliber: .40 Smith & Wesson
- Action: Semi-automatic / striker-fired
- Capacity: 13+1
- Barrel length: 4.09"
- Frame: Polymer
- Grips: Textured
- Sights: 3-dot
- Safety: Manual
- Overall length: 7.34"
- Overall width: 1.32"
- Overall height: 5.45"
- Overall weight: 27 oz.
- Mfg. Number: M700040A5
- UPC: 642230253582
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips