Reliable GPS positioning keeps you on track whether you're a beginner, expert or somewhere in between.
You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
- The GPSMAP 64st Handheld GPS features a 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen and a high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna for superior reception. It also includes a 3-axis electronic compass with barometric altimeter, wireless connectivity, 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription, and comes preloaded with TOPO U.S. 100K maps.
Explore the terrain
GPSMAP 64st comes with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief and is preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Plus it includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
Get Your Bearings
GPSMAP 64st has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when youre standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices. Your friends can enjoy your favorite hike or cache without waiting for you to plug in to your computer - simply press "send" to transfer your information to another Garmin handheld.
GPSMAP 64st also connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB action camera and accessory sensors, including tempe and heart rate monitor.
With Smart Notification you can wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your compatible smarphone. Stay connected without having to dig into your backpack.
Keep Your Fix
With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver, GPSMAP 64st locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear - whether youre in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 64st to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 8 GB of onboard memory and microSD card slot, you can conveniently download TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. In addition, the 64st is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, a map format that allows you to transform paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device.
GPSMAP 64st supports paperless geocaching with 250,000 preloaded caches with hints and descriptions from Geocaching.com. It also stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means theres no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts!
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, a software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen
- High-sensitvity GPS and GLONASS receiver with quad helix antenna
- Pre-loaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth technology or ANT+
- Includes 1-year subscription to BirdsEye satellite imagery
- Item Number: 670526
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 1.4" x 6.3"
- Display size, WxH: 1.43" x 2.15", 2.6" diagonally
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type: Transflective, 65K color TFT
- Weight: 8.1 oz. with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA (not included)
- Battery life: 16 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitvity receiver: Yes
- Interface: High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Electronic Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
- Unit-to-unit transfer: Yes
- Basemap software compatible: Yes
- Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 8 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD (not included)
- Custom POIs: Yes
- Waypoints / favorites / locations: 5,000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing: Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching friendly: Yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt / fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes (with optional bluechart)
- Area calculation: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect compatible: Yes
- Smart notifications: Yes
- Live tracking: Yes (with Garmin Connect mobile)
- Mfg. Number: 010-01199-20
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips
Frequently Purchased Together
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99
- Buyer's Club $26.99 Non-Member $29.99