You May Also Like
- 0 (0)Buyer's Club $179.99 Non-Member $199.99663714|prod_rr
- 0 (0)Buyer's Club $161.99 Non-Member $179.99663713|prod_rr
- 4 (16)Buyer's Club $31.49 Non-Member $34.99653519|prod_rr
- 4.5 (256)Buyer's Club $26.99 Non-Member $29.99202951|prod_rr
- 4.5 (144)Buyer's Club $22.49 Non-Member $24.99169240|prod_rr
- Details & Specs
Educational Insights® MicroPro Elite 98 - Pc. Miroscope Set... various slides and tools allow kids to "dig in" and explore!
With the MicroPro Elite 98-Pc. Microscope, young scientists can investigate the wonders of the hidden, microscopic world! Perfect for individual use, or for classrooms too... the glass optics and adjustable power settings (from 50x to 900x) provide precision viewing.
Features professionally-prepared slides, as well as everything you need to prepare your own slides as well. Plus, there's a camera mount so you can photograph findings. An projection device allows for image display for group viewing, or fun tracing at home or school. Perfect for learning at any age!
Educational Insights® is dedicated to creating user-friendly games and teaching aids to bring learning to life!
Buy yours right here, ONLINE right now!
98-Pc. Miroscope Set
- Educational Insights MicroPro Elite 98 - Pc. Miroscope Set is rated 4.2 out of 5 by 10.Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good tools for self-exploration Let's start with the loves: I love that the case holds all the stuff you need to use. Built in storage = love! I love that the kit has many different tools for exploring on your own -- little putty knives, droppers, tweezers, specimen bottles, tons of slides w/labels & covers. The idea that you can take a photo of what you see in the microscope. What I'm not in love with: It's all a bit on the cheap side. I spend nearly the same for premade slides and a "real" microscope earlier this year. But no tools were included. The microscope is a bit hard to use. It took forever to get the light to work; I actually thought it was broken at first. My 8 year old and I spent HOURS this summer and I don't think we ever managed to see anything through it. If you have a kid who is totally into science and highly motivated to SEE things, this might be fine. If you are a science nut who loves microscopes and totally gets how they work, this would be fine. My kids are not motivated and I'm not comfortable so we had trouble using it. Our other one was easier, but still difficult so I gave it 3 stars because I'm sure much of it was user error.Date published: 2016-12-27Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Starter Microscope! My 11 year old received this as a gift and adores using it! The magnification is great, there are multiple slides provided, endless more you can create, & is simple for a child to use to build their investigative skills.The slides are plastic, so excellent for the budding scientist to work with unassisted by an adult. It comes in a carrying case so everything stays together and can be moved around to different areas in our home for use. Our only frustration was the camera feature didn't work well, but otherwise it's a fabulous starter microscope and perfectly suited for elementary age children.Date published: 2016-11-19Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Just ok We were really excited to test this toy out. My kids love playing with binoculars and rocks and leaves so I thought they would think it was really cool. We found some flowers and leaves outside to check out but the set up took a while so thy were already losing interest. The images weren't very clear and it was hard to see them all. The ones we did get to work were really cool- for a minute or so and then the kids lost interest. They haven't asked to open it again. I had high hopes for this, but it just didn't hold my kids attention. I will definitely try it again though.Date published: 2016-11-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great starter microcope for the older-elementary child! My kids are debating between four and five stars for this microscope. We received this product in exchange for an honest review and were pleasantly surprised at its functionality, as we expected it to be more of a toy. The kids really enjoyed looking at the prepared slides that come with it, and were thrilled that empty slides were included so they could make their own. The kids (ranging from 9 to 13) did need some assistance with the set-up, as the directions were a little bit confusing at times, but nothing that an adult reading more carefully couldn't handle. By changing out the lens, there are a variety of magnifications available, but careful handling of the lens is required, and a younger child may need assistance. The light provided was plenty strong for viewing the slides but a bit of additional light might help with the projection feature. My kids are very excited to continue their explorations with this microscope!Date published: 2016-09-02Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from A great starter kit for kids in Grades 3+/Ages 8+ Pros: * Easy to focus * High zoom * Includes a projector * Includes eight different projects for budding scientists to explore * Includes five plastic prepared slides: Apple, Broad bean leaf, Hydrilla verticillata leaf, Onion bulb epidermis, and Pollen * Includes 18 blank slides so students can study things of personal interest * Slides are plastic so there's less worry about kids breaking slides and cutting themselves Cons: * Slide container opens and spills out slides easily if scientists aren't careful * It's a bit hard for kids to put all of the little pieces into their place in the box * When looking through the microscope, the image often has a rainbow-like look to it * I wish a few more prepared slides were included The convenient storage and carrying case is pretty well designed to store all of the components in an organized manner. The plastic box which holds the slides in our kit doesn't seem to click into the case as securely as the other elements in this set. Other than that, I am very happy with the case. This microscope needs a bit of adult supervision for new users. I had one very eager learner who jumped in without reading the instructions and ran into a few small problems. Once my teenager worked with my 10 y.o., things went much more smoothly. My teen says, "No matter the age, read the instructions first." Some initial thoughts from my 10 year old: The light worked better than the mirror. The way the light shined, dust interfered with viewing samples. If you clean off the bulb, this problem is minimized. At 900x you can see the little dots on the pollen slide very easily! Overall this set was a hit with my kids third grade and up. While I think home schooling families with younger scientists will enjoy using this microscope, those with high school aged students would probably be better off looking for a higher quality unit.Date published: 2016-08-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great microscope set! I received this microscope set from Educational Insights in exchange for my honest review. We are very pleased with this set and plan to use it many times during this school year. The set came packaged very well and included all pieces. The microscope does require two AA batteries (not included) and we found it very easy to insert the batteries. The set also includes 10X and 30X eyepieces, prepared and blank slides, petri dish, specimen vials, slide covers and labels, camera adapter, projection/drawing device, scalpel, spatula, tweezers, magnifying glass, measuring graduate, stirring stick, pipette, test tube with cap and a nice case for storing and carrying the set. We viewed several of the prepared slides without any difficulty. We will use the remainder of the set during the school year and anticipate having no issues with those items. We were impressed with the number of items included in this set and the ease of use. We thought the added options of image projection and camera adapter were great to have and will be used often. I would highly recommend this item.Date published: 2016-08-29Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent starter microscope set! Lots of fun! I received this product from the company free to try out for my honest review. My children ages 7 to 13 absolutely love this microscope set. Even my older teenagers were enjoying looking at the slides the younger kids made. It's great as a starter microscope to get kids interested in the microscopic world around them. The kit comes in a nice carry box to keep everything together and all kinds of things to help kids make slides and use the microscope. It comes with 5 prepared slides to look at right our of the box, Onion bulb, broad bean leaf, Hydrilla leaf, apple, and pollen. It also comes with plenty of blank slides and slide covers to make your own. Also, the slides are plastic which makes me more comfortable with my younger kids making slides. Once we got the microscope going with batteries and the correct magnification, my kids ran around the house and made slides out of everything. Pizza and beeswax were very interesting magnified. Also, human hair, dog hair, cracker, salt, sugar, and so many other things. The light is plenty bright enough to see the things on the slides. Or if you are in a bright or sunny area, there is a mirror on the other side of the light that can be used instead. This kit also comes with a projector that you put on top of the microscope and it will project the image on a dark wall. I found that the light on the microscope was not bright enough to project the slide. But if I put my cell phone flashlight under it, it showed up very well. Also it comes with a stand that sits on top of the eyepiece so that you can take pictures of your images. It seemed to hold my cell phone to far away from the eyepiece to get a good image. We had better luck just holding the cell phone camera directly to the eyepiece and taking the picture. Even with those two issues we had, I still feel that this is a great microscope for kids to get interested in science.Date published: 2016-08-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great beginner microscope set for the young scientist! I received this product and my 12 year old was so excited to use it. It comes with 98 pieces. My daughter went and found a bug and other items to use in the slides. It did a really good job of magnifying the objects in the slides. A few of the slides did appear like they had scratches on them, but she was still able to see the items. We were able to get the projector to work. We needed to be in a dark room, so we opted for the bathroom. Overall this is a great product for someone interested in science. It is a good beginner microscope.Date published: 2016-08-09
- y_2017, m_2, d_24, h_17
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_0.0
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_10
- loc_en_US, sid_215591, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
- Frequently Asked Questions
Please keep questions relative to the product. If you have questions regarding availability (Back Order, In Stock, Pricing, etc.) please contact SG Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org<!--BVSEO|dz:Main_Site-en_US|sdk:v18.104.22.168-n|msg:Error: Request errored out - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. -->
- Articles & Tips