You May Also Like
Non-Member $8.99 Buyer's Club $8.09
Non-Member $59.99 Buyer's Club $53.99
- Details & Specs
- Q & A
- Articles & Tips
Celestron® SkyProdigyTM 90 50X - 139X Computerized Telescope features fully automatic alignment... it's ready to go with the push of a button!
A truly revolutionary Telescope with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigyTM is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSenseTM technology to create an automatic, instant alignment Telescope that requires NO input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It's that easy.
The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world! No knowledge of the night sky is required. The SkyProdigy's one-touch simplicity turns anyone into an instant astronomer!General features:
- Fully automatic alignment procedure... it's ready to go with the push of a button!
- Fully computerized alt-azimuth mount
- Quick-release fork arm mount and optical tube for easy, quick no-tool set-up
- Sturdy steel tripod and accessory tray
- Battery pack provides over 30 hours of power
- Includes "The SkyX - First Light Edition" software with a 10,000-object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows Telescope to locate over 4,000 objects
- Patented StarSense technology provides a completely automatic alignment process with nothing required from you
- Flash-upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the internet.
- Optical design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 90mm
- Focal length: 1,250mm (28 in.)
- Focal ratio: 14
- Eyepiece 1: 25mm / 50X
- Eyepiece 2: 9mm / 139X
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Mount: Motorized Altazimuth
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 12.3
- Resolution: 1.55 arc seconds (Rayleigh) 1.29 arc seconds (Dawes)
- Light gathering power: 165X
- Angular F.O.V.: 1°
- Linear F.O.V.: 53.5 ft.
- Optical coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Slew speeds: 9 (3° / sec., 2° / sec., 1° / sec., 64X, 32X, 16X, 8X, 4X, 2X)
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking modes: Alt-Az
- Alignment procedures: StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align, Manual Align
- Computer hand control: Fully-computerized / Flash upgradeable
- Database: 4,000 objects. Includes steel tripod.