You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $949.99 Non-Member $999.99
- Buyer's Club $664.99 Non-Member $699.99
Ruger 10/22 Kryptek, Semi-Automatic, .22LR, Rimfire, BX-25 Magazine, 500 Rounds of Ammo, 25+1 RoundsBuyer's Club $332.49 Non-Member $349.99
- Buyer's Club $85.49 Non-Member $89.99
- Buyer's Club $432.24 Non-Member $454.99
- Details & Specs
- Model: 98002SYS1
Barrett® Model 98B® Bolt-action .338 Lapua Magnum Rifle. Highly mobile with hard-hitting punch... ideal for close quarters environments.
In a league of its own! Even the casual observer can see that the Model 98B is not a descendant of the bolt action sporting rifle. In fact, it's not a descendant of anything. This rifle was developed to be a completely unique, purpose-built platform for precise long-range shooting.
This 20" barrel CQB configuration was designed to meet the needs of today's modern battlefield, which often requires quick reaction and maneuverability in tight, urban environments. It offers all the heavyweight punch of the full-size 98B, in a more compact design.
Its straight-line design, running from the highly efficient muzzle brake to the shooter's shoulder, tames recoil. It also allows for faster, more accurate follow-up shots fed from the 10-round detachable magazine. The ergonomic pistol grip reduces muscle fatigue and provides total control over the fully adjustable trigger.
An intuitive, thumb-operated safety can be accessed without compromising the firing grip and allows the shooter to maintain a solid weld to the adjustable cheek piece. The oversized bolt handle can be easily manipulated, feeding a new round into the chamber as the bolt glides through a polymer guide.
The Model 98B rifle's aluminum upper receiver boasts an M1913 optics rail, offering plenty of space to mount substantial optics as well as a night vision device or other accessories. The forward receiver is drilled and tapped for accessory rails to be mounted at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions.
Barrett Model 98B Rifle special features:
- Match-grade 20" fluted barrel
- High efficiency fanned muzzle brake
- 18" 30 MOA rail
- Polymer cheek piece is height adjustable from either side
- Polymer bolt guide acts as dust cover and provides smooth bolt cycling
- Fully adjustable match-grade trigger
- Ambidextrous magazine release is accessible while maintaining firing grip
- Accepts standard M4 / M16 pistol grips
- Accepts height-adjustable monopod
- Ultra-absorbent Sorbothane® recoil pad
- Black Mil.-spec Type 3, Class 2 hardcoat anodized finish
- Includes two, 10-round polymer magazines, multiple length accessory rails, two quick detach swivel sling loops, bipod, monopod, Pelican hard-sided case with custom insert and operator's manual.
- Caliber: .338 Lapua Magnum
- Action: Bolt-action
- Capacity: Single shot
- Barrel length: 20"
- Barrel twist: 1 x 10"
- Upper receiver: Steel with Black Mil.-spec Type 3, Class 2 hardcoat anodized finish
- Lower receiver: Steel with Black Mil.-spec Type 3, Class 2 hardcoat anodized finish
- Sights (front / rear): Optics ready
- Flash hider: High efficiency 2-port muzzle brake
- Overall length: 43"
- Overall weight: 12.40 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips