You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
ATN® ARES 4-2 Night Vision Weapon Sight. Gen 2 image technology and 4X zoom in a compact Rifle Scope.
Introducing the latest and greatest in Gen 2 night vision! ATN®'s new ARES line of Scopes pairs fast, infrared-sensitive optics with high-performance image tubes for outstanding target acquisition and aiming capabilities - whether you're a professional operator or a dedicated varmint hunter.
The red-on-green reticle system provides optimal contrast against dark and light targets alike, while 1/6 MOA windage and elevation adjustments let you really dial in with precision accuracy. A detachable IR illuminator provides invisible light when natural light is scarce.
A little more on Gen 2 image technology...
The main difference between a 1st and a 2nd Generation unit is the addition of a micro-channel plate, commonly referred to as an MCP. The MCP works as an electron amplifier, and is placed directly behind the photocathode. The MCP consists of millions of short parallel glass tubes. When the electrons pass through these short tubes, thousands more electrons are released. This extra process allows 2nd Generation units to amplify the light many more times then 1st Generation, giving you a brighter and sharper image.Features:
- Red-on-green reticle system with 1/6 MOA adjustments
- Illuminated center red reticle for optimal contrast against a dark or light target
- Superior quality all-glass optics
- 100% waterproof and field-tough
- Automatic brightness control for tube protection
- Mounts to standard Weaver rail
- Proshield lens coating is a mixture of anti-scratch, anti-condensation, anti-static, and anti-glare materials.
- IIT Generation: Gen 2
- Photocathode Type: Multi-alkali
- Resolution: 40-45 lp / mm
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 12-20
- Figure of Merit: < 1,250
- Mean Time to Failure: 5,000 hrs.
- Magnification: 4X
- F.O.V.: 7.5°
- Reticle System: Red on green
- Windage and Elevation Adjustments: 1/6 MOA
- Range of Focus: 10m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +6
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Detachable IR450
- IR Indicator: Yes
- Low-battery Indicator: Yes
- Power Supply: 1 x 1.5V AA battery
- Battery Life: 30 hrs.
- Environmental Rating: Waterproof
- Operating Temp.: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temp.: -58° to +158°F
- Dimensions: 9.75 x 3.75 x 3.5" w.
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips