You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $474.99 Non-Member $499.99
- Buyer's Club $143.99 Non-Member $159.99
- Non-Member $699.99
- Details & Specs
ATN® ARES 2-4 2X Night Vision Weapon Sight. 2X magnification optics. 4th-Generation image tube technology. And exceptional 100% waterproof ruggedness!
Combining better-than-military standard night vision imaging with field-ready toughness, the ARES 2-4 delivers substantially better target detection range and resolution, particularly at extremely low light levels, over military-standard 3rd-Gen optics. The fast, infrared-sensitive optics and military-standard Gen 3 image tube make for easy target acquisition, whether you're a professional operator or a dedicated varmint hunter.
The red-on-green reticle system provides optimal contrast against dark and light targets alike, while 1/6 MOA windage and elevation adjustments let you really dial in with precision accuracy. A detachable IR illuminator provides invisible light when natural light is scarce.
A note on 4th-Generation image intensifier tube technology...
4th Gen Gated/Filmless image tube technology represents the biggest technological breakthrough in image intensification of the past 10 years. By removing the ion barrier film and "gating" the system, Gen 4 demonstrates substantial increases in target detection range and resolution, particularly at extremely low light levels. An Autogated power supply further improves image resolution under high light conditions and a reduced halo effect that minimizes interference from bright light sources. The reduced Halo maximizes the effectiveness of the Night Vision device in dynamic lighting conditions such as those experienced, for example, in night operations in urban areas.Features:
- Gen 4 image tube technology offers substantial improvements in detection range and resolution vs. Gen 3
- Red-on-green reticle system with 1/6 MOA adjustments
- Illuminated center red reticle for optimal contrast against a dark or light target
- Superior quality all-glass optics
- 100% waterproof and field-tough
- Automatic brightness control for tube protection
- Mounts to standard Weaver rail
- Proshield lens coating is a mixture of anti-scratch, anti-condensation, anti-static, and anti-glare materials.
- IIT Generation: 4th Generation
- Photocathode Type: Filmless GaAs
- Resolution: 64-72 lp / mm
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 25-30
- Figure of Merit: 2,000 Typical
- Mean Time to Failure: 10,000 hrs.
- Magnification: 2X
- F.O.V.: 17°
- Reticle System: Red on green
- Windage and Elevation Adjustments: 1/6 MOA
- Range of Focus: 10m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +6
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Detachable IR450
- IR Indicator: Yes
- Low-battery Indicator: Yes
- Power Supply: 1 x 1.5V AA battery
- Battery Life: 30 hrs.
- Environmental Rating: Waterproof
- Operating Temp.: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temp.: -58° to +158°F
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.75 x 3.5" w.
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips
Frequently Purchased Together
- Buyer's Club $13.49 Non-Member $14.99