You May Also Like
- Details & Specs
ATN® ARES 2-3 Night Vision Weapon Sight. 2X magnification. 3rd-Gen image tube technology. Exceptional 100% waterproof toughness.
The ARES combines a solid-state 3rd-Generation image intensifier tube with 100% waterproof, field-tough optics for exceptional performance in any light conditions. The fast, infrared-sensitive optics and military-standard Gen 3 image tube make for easy target acquisition, whether you're a professional operator or a dedicated varmint hunter.
The red-on-green reticle system provides optimal contrast against dark and light targets alike, while 1/6 MOA windage and elevation adjustments let you really dial in with precision accuracy. A detachable IR illuminator provides invisible light when natural light is scarce.
A note on 3rd Generation image intensifier tube technology...
By adding the sensitive chemical gallium arsenide to the photocathode, a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd Generation units. An ion barrier film is also added to increase tube life. 3rd-Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance. ATN's 3rd-Gen IITs have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.Features:
- 3rd-Generation IIT delivers military-standard performance
- Red-on-green reticle system with 1/6 MOA adjustments
- Illuminated center red reticle for optimal contrast against a dark or light target
- Superior quality all-glass optics
- 100% waterproof and field-tough
- Automatic brightness control for tube protection
- Mounts to standard Weaver rail
- Proshield lens coating is a mixture of anti-scratch, anti-condensation, anti-static, and anti-glare materials.
- IIT Generation: Gen 3
- Photocathode Type: GaAs
- Resolution: 64 lp / mm
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 22 Typical
- Figure of Merit: 1,600 Typical
- Mean Time to Failure: 10,000 hrs.
- Magnification: 2X
- F.O.V.: 17°
- Reticle System: Red on green
- Windage and Elevation Adjustments: 1/6 MOA
- Range of Focus: 10m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +6
- Automatic Brightness Control: Yes
- Bright Light Cut-off: Yes
- Infrared Illuminator: Detachable IR450
- IR Indicator: Yes
- Low-battery Indicator: Yes
- Power Supply: 1 x 1.5V AA battery
- Battery Life: 30 hrs.
- Environmental Rating: Waterproof
- Operating Temp.: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temp.: -58° to +158°F
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.75 x 3.5" w.
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips