You May Also Like
- Buyer's Club $134.99 Non-Member $149.99
- Buyer's Club $569.99 Non-Member $599.99
- Buyer's Club $143.99 Non-Member $159.99
- Details & Specs
Nothing can hide! Gain the upper hand in any hunting or tactical situation with the powerful target detecting ability of the Armasight® Helios 336 3-12x42mm (30Hz) Thermal Imaging Bi-Ocular. Based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, the Helios detects targets through snow, rain, dust, smoke, fog, haze and other obscurants to give you the targeting advantage in any environment. The Helios 336 is effective day or night, delivering true 24/7 performance for hunting and tactical ops.
The Helios is the lightest and most compact thermal imaging bi-ocular in its class, and is ideal for sustained viewing and improved depth perception in the field. Operation is simple, thanks to an easy and intuitive drop-down user interface and smartly engineered controls.
Rapid start-up gets the Helios up and running in less than 3 seconds, and a full compliment of color modes and special, user-adjustable imaging tools allows for fine tuning images to the situation and operator preference. Brightness is adjustable to 8 levels, and a video out jack allows for recording and playback with the optional Armasight® DVR (sold separately).
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools provide ultimate versatility and customization.
Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - a digital "Contrast" correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - a "Sharpness" correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) - a "Gain" correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Helios models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC / FFC function.
Silent Shutterless NUCTM (SSN) - In addition to user controlled manual NUC / FFC all Helios models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
- User selectable NTSC or PAL format
- Easy and Intuitive drop-down user interface
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- 8 brightness settings
- Manually adjustable eyepiece and objective lens
- Real-time display
- - Palette
- - Enhancement
- - Settings
- - Display Brightness
- - Electronic Magnification
- - User-Controlled Manual non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMnUC / FFC)
- Current operational state information display (battery status, active pro le, palette setting) Wireless remote control
- Analog video input and output (nTsC / PAl)
- Powered by two standard CR123A batteries
- Power input capability
- Video out jack for use with DVR (optional)
- Color Modes: White Hot / Black Hot / Rainbow / Various Color modes
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Filled with dry nitrogen to prevent internal fogging
- Rapid start-up
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Made in The USA
Order today!Key Specifications
- Item Number: 672920
- Refresh Rate: 30Hz
- Magnification (NTSC / PAL): 2.8x / 3.4x
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format: 336 x 256
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format: 800 x 600
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Digital Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): PAL (768 x 574 pixels) / NTSC (640 x 480 pixels)
- Video Recording: Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control: Wireless
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - "CONTRAST"
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) - "SHARPNESS"
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) - "SMART SCENE"
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction / Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC / FFC)
- Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN)
- Objective Focal Length: 42mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1
- Field of View (ang.): 7.8° x 5.9°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 14mm
- Eye Relief: 16mm
- Focus Method: Manual
- Focusing Range: 5m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment: Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5 diopter
- Battery: Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2) (not included)
- Battery Life at 68°F: Up to 4 hrs.
- External Power Supply: 6 VDC / 600mA
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +122°F
- Storage Temperature: -58° to +158°F
- Impact loading: 700 g
- Environmental Rating: Water and Fog-Resistant
- Overall Dimensions: 9.4" x 3.9" x 2.4"
- Weight (w/o Batteries): 1.8 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Warranty on FLIR Detector: 10 Years
- Mfg. Number: TAT173BN4HELI31
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Articles & Tips