PSE® Legacy Longbow. Made of exotic hardwoods for traditional minded archers. Robin Hood Special: BIG BUCKS OFF!
Old school makes the grade! Ahh, the D-shaped Longbow, preferred by traditional archers like Robin Hood. Longbows have been used for hundreds, er, thousands of years. For hunting and warfare by ancient Nubians, Kurds, Arabs and Native American tribes. Today's wooden laminated Longbows (like this baby) are made by gluing together 2 or more different species of wood.
Usually this is done because some woods can better withstand compression, while others are better at withstanding tension. Whoosh! A Longbow has practical advantages compared to a modern recurve or compound bow... it is usually lighter, quicker to prepare for shooting and zings arrows more quietly.
- Reflex / deflex-shaped bow is crafted in strict observance of tradition, setting high standards for stability and arrow velocity
- Trapezoidal limb layout
- Layered black walnut, cherry, and maple wood form the riser
- Shoots arrows at 180 f.p.s.
- Fast-flite string
- Laminated, reinforced tips withstand shooting stress
- Measures 68" end-to-end
- Brace height is 6 1/2-7"
- Available in your choice 45#, 50#, or 55# draw weight @28" draw.
State Model, as available in the Shopping Cart. Order ONLINE Now!